Chapter 16

MARI'S POV

"So are you ready?" Mercedes asked me as I closed the door to my room. It was a Friday morning, and Adonis was on his way to pick me up to take me to this first part of the two day appointment. I felt like shit, but I know it was all going to be worth it in the end when I get rid of the baby.

I wanted to be right for the Classic tomorrow, and the after parties. Homecoming was kicking off Sunday so I wanted to be right for that too. I mean, it was so much shit happening, I didn't have time to think about a baby. So tonight, I was going to get tore the fuck up. Celebrating a baby free stomach.

"Girl, I'm ready to get this over with," I said, digging in my purse for my vibrating phone. Looking at the screen, I smiled. "Hello?" "Aye, come on. I got things I need to do, I'm out here," Adonis said before hanging up. I took a deep breath as I walked out the empty apartment. Had to be no later than 9 in the morning but everyone was already gone for the day. Ossy probably spent the night at Kolse's again.

Wonder if she knew he was related to the D Boys. Walking down the hall, I checked my fit to make sure I looked decent enough for the clinic we were going to. I took my weave out, wearing my natural fro, pulled back in a puff ball. A cropped Adidas hoodie with the matching sweats that hugged the ankles, and matching Adidas shoes. Gold hoops, light gloss, and light makeup. I looked good. I looked like I shouldn't be having no damn baby.

"You sure you don't want me to go with you?" Mercedes asked as she checked her phone, knowing she had to go to work. "I'm sure, just go ahead. He's coming in with me since the nigga think I'm going to take off with his money," I said as we pushed opened the doors. I spotted his red Camaro parked in the front blasting music. Too early nigga, too early.

"Call me as soon as you leave," she said, hugging me before getting in her car. I walked over to his car, slipping inside the warmth of the seat before closing the door. "You good?" He asked as I looked him over, almost taken back. He wore all white except for his black Polo boots. White shirt, white jeans with a black Polo jacket over it. His dreads were pulled back with the bottom hanging loose, and free. Beard was trimmed to perfection, and his caramel bright ass face just stared back at me. Dark brown eyes, matching mine. He was kind of cute. We would have made a cute baby.

"Aye, fuck is wrong with you? Are you good? Why you just staring at me?" "I'm fine," I mumbled. "Where's this place at?" He asked as I pulled my phone out, handing it to him. He put the directions in his GPS hooked up to the dashboard screen, and we were off. Silence filling the car. 

"You did yo research on these people?" He asked, merging on to the highway.  "No, I just looked at what was the cheapest," I said as he looked at me like I was stupid.  "Whatever, yo body not mine. Should have done your research instead of letting a mothafucka give you something to take, thinking-."

"Can we not talk?" I asked, cutting him off. "I have so much on my mind right now, and you talking about this is making it worse. I don't feel good, I'm tired, and I really want to just be in the bed, but I want this baby out of me. Okay? We don't have to speak to each other, or see each other again after this."

"Nah we're going to talk because this is my mothafucking car," he retorted as I sighed in annoyance. I swear I hate a lame nigga. Like a disease you can't get rid of. "You don't know me like that, I don't know you like that. Cool, we can keep it that way, but you should have done your research on these niggas before having me drive out here. What if that shit don't work?"

"Then I'll get the money on my own, and try another clinic," I said, digging in my purse realizing I forgot my snack. I was so hungry, but afraid to eat for fear of throwing it up. Yet, the moment my stomach growled, I knew he heard it.