Chapter 32

MARI'S POV

"Well I'm glad you're out now," Mercedes said as we opened the door to my apartment

"Well I'm glad you're out now," Mercedes said as we opened the door to my apartment. I just got released from fucking jail. It's Monday afternoon after waiting a whole weekend to get processed, and to see the judge. Regardless of it we had bail money or not. They weren't letting us out until Monday just because they could.

I was angry, I was pissed, I wanted to shower, fix my hair and eat. Never have I've been through anything like that, and I hoped to God I wouldn't go through it again in the near future. Glancing at my phone as I set my stuff down, I waited for the call from Adonis.

Shit I can't believe on top of my parents knowing I was pregnant with by this nigga, I got arrested with him too. "Girl," Mercedes said with a small laugh as she sat down on the couch in the living room, going through her phone. "Yall two might as well be Bonnie and Clyde," she joked as I went to my room with a roll of my eyes.

"Getting arrested together, and shit. It's cute!" "Shut up Mercedes!" I laughed. I quickly grabbed my things and went to the bathroom hopping in the shower. Letting that hot water hit my dirt filled skin. Ugh! This is what I needed! Hair was drenched in shampoo as I washed out the stress of the weekend away.

Looking down at the suds hitting my feet, I felt my growing belly. Smiling. Adonis turned me into a ride or die chick without me even realizing it. I was right there by his side fighting with this nigga. I can't even believe it. For someone I couldn't stand in the beginning, to the man I can barely hold a conversation with without arguing over something petty.

Yet, it was something about his mean goofy ass that I was falling for. Even his wild ass family was something I saw myself being apart of. Shit, I don't know. I already missed my classes for the day so I just decided to say fuck it. Stepping out the shower, let out a sigh of relief. Feeling clean, hair pulled into a ponytail, wrapping a white towel around my body after rubbing shea butter on me.

"Mercedes!" I called out, hearing no response. She must have left. Grabbing my phone, I looked seeing Adonis called me twice. Damn! I quickly FaceTimed his number back while keeping the towel tight around me. Sitting on the arm of the sofa. Ossy was probably out on the yard or with Kole soaking up that Greek attention. Bitch.

"Aye," Adonis answered as I smiled. "You at home?" "I am-." "Open the door, I'm in the hallway now," he rushed, hanging up. Damn nigga. I opened the door and stood in the hallway, waiting in anticipation to see him. Towel still wrapped around me, I watched him cut the corner, and start a light jog towards me.

Even though we were arrested together, we were immediately separated once we were processed. In the car ride over there, I hated that I cried because I wanted to be strong for him, but he kept me calm the entire way, telling me what to say, what not to say, and that he wouldn't let nothing happen to me. I been through more shit with this nigga in months then mothafuckas I've been with for a year.