Chapter 23 : Mending broken bonds

There prevailed a silence in all of them. Aarav spoke to Vihaan in a stern voice, " I will talk to you later. For now go from here ". Vihaan left from there.

Navya was also about to go. Aarav said ," I didn't ask you to go. I have to talk to you right now ". Navya stammered , " Sir ,wo mein....... ".

Aarav said , " How dare you to reject my brother's proposal this way ". A shiver ran down through Navya's spine hearing his harsh tone.

Navya felt a loss of word. Next moment, Aarav's tone softens and he said , " You expected me to react this way, right ? ".
Navya slowly spoke ," No sir it was just that ".

Aarav replied ," Actually it is not your fault. I always shared a kind of super strict image in front of you. You are not obliged to share your personal issues with me. But here it is related to my brother. So I have right to know it. "

Navya said , " Sir, but I don't have any feelings for him. ".Aarav said, " You have already clarified it. I want to know what happened that day from beginning to end ".

Then Navya told him entire story accurately. Aarav was left shocked at every phase to it. Either it is Vihaan's sudden proposal or Navya's blames on him. Last but not least Vihaan's decision not to bother her anymore which he is still following.

Aarav put both his arms on his head and said, " Hey bhagwan ye kya kar liya hai ,tum dono ne." Navya replied, " It just happened in the heat of moment ".

Aarav said ," Ye jo heat of moment mein tumne or mere iss not so innocent brother ne jo bhi kiya hai. Usko solve karte karte mera bhi sar ghum jana hai ".

Navya said , " Sir mujhe wo topic dobara reopen nahi karna ab. Mein bas ye chahti hu ki wo mujhe khud ko explain karne ka mauka dena chahti hu ki mein uske saath kyu nahi reh sakti ".

Aarav said , " Galti tumhari nahi hai. Uski image hi kuch is type ki hai ki koi bhi ladki usse as a permanent one nahi imagine nahi kar paegi. Even though he is my brother. Wo relationships ko leke jyada seriously leta nahi tha kabhi. Par tumhe hurt kar ke jo wo khud hurt hua he really made me believe ki he is actually serious about you ".

Navya said , " But sir ......... ". Aarav cut her off in between and said ,"I don't know whatever you had in your past relationship. But the conclusion was that you suffered due to your partner. But it doesn't mean that every boy you meet is gonna cheat on you. At a certain point of time , everyone needs a partner. A relationship can only sustain when you are able to trust your partner. I am definitely not saying that you should end up choosing the wrong person and blind trust him."

Navya said , " Even though I don't have feelings for him. But I literally mean it when I am saying I am guilty of hurting him. I wish there could be a in between option where I don't have to accept his proposal and also don't have to endure this hate from his side ".

Aarav replied , " If you are afraid to be with him, only cause you think he might cheat on you. Then I assure you he can be anyone but not someone who cheats and the day you feel that he did it. I will be the one who bring him to your feets."

Navya said ," He is not the one at fault. I am thankful for your gesture. But I don't think , we can sustain together. My insecurities won't let me live happily with him. Even though he may give his best efforts in all this. I don't feel I will be able to love someone the same way I used to do. His love may be pure ,but he entered my life a little later. Now I am not in a state to accept his love ".

Aarav said, " But listen to me ..... ". Navya said , " Sorry sir, but I think there is nothing further to discuss about it. I am grateful that you let me share my thoughts freely here and I am sure one day he will understand my reasons to deny his proposal and may be forgive me for my misbehaviour."