Update

I rarely go on Wattpad these days and usually only just to look back on old things that I've written. I have noticed that people still read this book. My views have probably doubled since I stopped writing this like five or six years ago. So thanks, I guess?

I was skimming through this book and it was very strange to see some of my comments. I hadn't even started high school when I began this book, and now I just finished my third year of university. All that's to say that a lot has happened and many of my opinions have changed.

First I want to address what I said about polyamorous ships because I was a bit offensive. I did not mean to offend anybody even at the time, but I said that I thought polyamorous ships were weird. Fortunately, my mind had opened more since then. I'd like to formally apologize to anyone that I may have offended with my comments. I would be open to polyamorous ships now, of course. I don't know very many, but I do think that jegulily is cute.

I've considered taking down this book a few times before, partly because as an adult I cringe at a lot at what I've said and partly because for at least half of these ships my opinion has changed. However, based on the votes and comments that I am still getting I assume people must still be enjoying reading this. For that reason, I never plan to take this book down. However, I thought it might be fun to update my ratings for at least some of the ships previously mentioned (and add a few more). I mainly now ship gay ships as a gay person myself, so sorry if you're not really into gay ships, though you totally should be. Also, I am more of a marauders fan now.

Hinny: 2/10
This is where I started this book. I do no ship Hinny anymore, nor is she my favourite character. She is definitely more interesting in the books, but I really have a hard time wrapping my head around all the Harry Potter characters just marrying whoever they were with in Hogwarts. It just doesn't seem very realistic. Running on Air (sorry I am forgetting who it's by) is a Drarry fic that does a really good job of exploring how their relationship ultimately does not work after they leave Hogwarts.

Drarry: 10/10
I really like this ship, but it needs to be done well. I've had to put down a lot of Drarry fics because Draco's characterization just seems way too off. I find it works best when they get together at least a few years after Hogwarts. I really can't see them getting together while they are still at Hogwarts, unless it is some sort of AU in which they become friends from the start or if Harry is sorted into Slytherin.

Dramione: 2/10
I used to like this ship, but I don't really anymore. Don't ask me why I can see Drarry happening and not this, but I just really can't. I can see Harry slowly changing his opinion about Draco and forgiving him after the war, but I have a hard time imagining Hermione forgiving Draco.

Ronks: 2/10
Again, I used to ship this but I just don't anymore. I've read so many fanfics with Wolfstar in them that I practically see them as cannon so this ship just doesn't really make sense to me anymore.

Wolfstar: 9/10
Apparently I was a little uncertain of this ship before. Not anymore. It's not my absolute favourite, though. I'm about to drop a controversial opinion right now. Do any of you guys ever have a fictional character that you just don't really like but can't exactly explain why? Like, there's really no reason not to like them. That's Remus for me. I just can't put my finger on it, though I think it's partly because I really didn't like his characterization in All the Young Dudes. My strange dislike is really the only thing stopping me from giving this ship a 10/10.

Jegulus: 100/10
I don't think this ship existed at any point when I was writing this book. I understand why many people don't like it. I'll admit, it makes absolutely no sense. Am I a sucker for gay ships and do they just hit harder, being gay myself? Yes, of course. I've fallen in love with James and Regulus very much reminds my of one of my OCs, so to me this ship is simply perfection.

Jily: 10/10
This ship is still very cute. Of course, the whole franchise depends on it. I like Jegulus better, but I hate it when Jegulus fics just ignore Lily and they can actually be quite misogynistic. If that's going to happen, I'd rather just read about Jily.

Barty x Evan: 10/10
My mind is blanking on the name of this ship. Anyways, it's very cute. I don't really have much to say other than that.

Dorlene (Marlene and Dorcas): 8/10
I like it very much, but it's not exactly a favourite or anything. I think I need to read more fanfiction of this one.

Mary x Lily: 5/10
I've read this a few times, and while it's cute I see Lily being with any other of the girls more. I think even Lily with Marlene would be cuter than Marylily. This seems to be the common pairing for Lily when Jegulus happens, and to me most times it just seems like the author is trying to pair Lily with somebody else just so Jegulus can happen. I just don't see a lot of chemistry with this ship. I have to note, obviously we really don't know Mary's character at all, and I'm just going off of her personality that I have created in my head and through reading fanfics.

I'm sure there are definitely more ships that I could talk about. I just finished university for the year so I'm bored out of my mind with all of my free time, so if you leave a comment about a specific ship you'd like to hear my opinion on I may stick around for a while to reply. Also, if you are looking for some recommendations for any of these ships, I might have some from ao3.

I likely won't update this story again so I just wanted to thank everyone again for the continuous support on this book, it means a lot to my fourteen year old self.