10

Tony P.O.V

The party was amazing. The sun had finally set and they lit up the stage lights with crazy effects. Everyone was wasted, even Tamara had  few drinks without pushing it. But she was still drunk off her ass somehow. The music was screaming but I had left Tamara on the dance floor to find another drink. I grab a glass but am stopped by Oliver Sykes.

"Hey man..."

he smiles goofily,obviously drinking as much as everyone else.

"So my little Tea-bird got a boyfriend?" Oli slurs at me.

"Yeeup" I tell him taking a drink.

"Her and Alex make a great couple."

Oli smiles starring into the crowd.

"What?"

I furrow my eyebrows and  try to find where I left her. I see her dancing with Alex. She smiles at him. The way she smiles at me. Isn't that my smile? Its reserved for me. It should be. He whispers something in her ear causing her to laugh. I can hear it. In my head. Her wind chime laugh.

"No.. I'm-I'm her boyfriend." I say quietly.

"She's a drug. Everyone needs her, wants her but she's bad for you. She'll break your heart, but you'll enjoy every second of it, because its her." Oli whispers quietly.

They had spent a bit of time together this tour, when I wasn't with her. But when I was it never seemed like he liked her that way.

"I feel your pain." Matt joins us also drinking quite heavily.

"Shouldn't you be doing something about that?" asks Matt looking at Tamara and Alex.

Him and Oli both give me questioning looks. I open my mouth, but no words come out.

"For fucks sake."

Matt finally says handing me his drink and heading towards them. The alcohol had made me numb. Oddly, it took away my confidence instead of fueling it. They were just dancing. It was fine. Was it?

"Alex stop." Matt tells him.

Me and Oli have moved closer to watch.

"Stop what?"

He laughs continuing to grind Tamara.

"Taking advantage of her. You know she's wasted." Matt says keeping his cool.

"So am I." Alex replies.

He reaches for Tamara but she's gone. He looks around confused.

"You've barely had anything, Alex. Stop playing games." Matt tells him getting closer.

"Last time I checked, she liked my games more than yours." Alex winks.

Matt lost it and threw a punch but Alex steps back and grins.

"You only want her cause you can't have her." Matt shakes his head.

"You know that's not true. You know what she meant to me." Alex protests.

"Not here. Not now."

Matt says and they walk away through the crowd that had gathered. What is happening? Did Tamara date Alex?... She would've told me. Right? I sigh and throw the rest my drink in the nearest bin and go find Tamara. 

****

I knew exactly where she would be. Laying in my bunk. I crawl in beside her and cuddle her in. She immediately responds, our bodies forming into one and other.

"I'm not mad." I tell her quietly.

The empty bus remained quiet except for Tamara's soft breathing.

"You should be." she tells me her eyes closed and resting on my chest.

"No, your drunk. I'm drunk. Alex is drunk. It was just dancing."

Am i trying to convince her, or myself?

"I do this thing where i break everything. But somehow, people always forgive me. I don't deserve it. I don't deserve you. I didn't deserve Matt."

I hear her say as she traces the familiar tattoos on my arms.

"You can tell me what happened TJ, I will never judge you."

I tell her but she's already asleep. 

Tamara's P.O.V

I wake up to knocking on the bus door. I pull Tony's arm off mine, and drop out of the bunk. I pull on one of his band shirts and my vans. As I run to answer the door, I hear voices outside.

"Just leave it!"

"I need to just leave it? Please!"

I open the door to see a surprised Alex and Matt. I close the door behind me stepping outside to join them.

"What the hell? Its like 8, they're all still sleeping." I tell the two.

"Seriously?"

Says Matt sounding angry. I give him a 'what' look adding in a hand movement.

"Sorry were you busy sleeping with Tony?" he taunts me.

Alex shakes his head.

"No, actually-" he cuts me off.

"You're just fucking every one now aren't you? You sleep with his manager yet? Or best friend?"

Matt spits at me. My mouth hangs open but i don't say anything.

"You think I'm crazy? You haven't talked to me for two years! You just cut me off. My best friend. It was me, you and Alex. We went through everything together since 5 grade. I was so in love with you. And you left, to makre it big. Then we meet again, finally years later when you and Alex are famous. And we're finally together. The way it was supposed to be. Everything was perfect, but you had to go and cheat on me. With my best friend. Do you have any idea how much that hurt? How it still hurts? And now here we are, you just fucking every guy who can play guitar."

Matt finishes yelling at me.

"Don't talk to her like that." Alex tells him.

Matt turns to face Alex who's standing next to me.

"You have a lot of balls to say that. She deserves it. She's a waste of space."

he looks back at me.

"Why don't you just do the world a favor and kill your pathetic self."

I blink a few times. Alex seems to have gone into shock. His jaw dropped.

"Well you know what Matt?"

I start peeling off the bracelets.

"I have. I've slit my wrists, I drank the pills, I tied the noose, I jumped off a fucking bridge. I even stabbed my thighs, aiming for my arteries but missing."

I reveal my wrists and pull up my shorts a bit to show the scars.

"I used to cut myself everyday and cry myself to sleep. You know what kind of pain it takes to do that? When you hate yourself so much you bleed? Bleed just to see if its real. If your real."

I step closer and Matt's face has drained of color.

"I would love to kill myself, believe me I've tried. Sorry I'm such a waste of space."

I shrug. Alex regains his composure and punches Matt across the face causing him to stumble back. Alex puts an arm around my shoulder and we turn to  leave. There standing with the bus door open is Tony. He walks forwards silently and punches Matt who then falls on the ground. Matts face slick with tears. Tony looks at me and Alex and nods understandingly, probably hearing the story of our childhood friendship. If not, I'll explain to him later. Alex walks me back to my bus and stays with me. Our friendship falling back into place easily. Neither of us talk about what just happened. We ate cereal watched cartoons, and he rode the bus back with us to L.A. us snuggled on the couch together. I the close my eyes and drift to sleep, listening to Alex's heartbeat. I had missed him.