26

RE-POSTED!!! I had to change the ending sorry!

Tony P.O.V 

The music is loud, but not too loud. I have a glass of champagne and am being introduced to someone new every five minutes. I try to concentrate but my eyes sub-consciously look for Tamara. We've maintained our friendship after she told me of her engagement to Oli. I was happy for her. I still am.

I see Logan and Ben over the shoulder of the person I'm supposedly talking to. I politely excuse myself from the conversation and head towards  them.

"Ta-"

Before I could even finish what I'm saying they point to the entrance and I see her. 

She was stunning. 

She wears a daringly short pale pink dress that's the exact same shade as her lips. Her hair is in its natural waves and I can see the blue in her eyes from the 50 meters I stand away from her. 

I have always thought she was beautiful but now I can't even believe what I'm seeing. 

I walk towards her just to be cut off by a six foot tall British screamer. 

He picks her up and twirls her around like they're in a fairy tale. 

"Just when I thought you couldn't get any more beautiful." he says 

She blushes a bit.

They then grab hands and begin to walk towards me, she waves but is interrupted by Adam. He asks for a picture of them kissing to go with the shot he had of her being twirled around. They agree and kiss then and there. In front of everyone. My heart strings tug a bit at the memory of Adam taking a shots of me and Tamara. It feels like it was just yesterday.

I sigh and turn ready  to admit defeat and just not talk to her. 

"Tony! Wait up!"

she rushes to my side glowing with a smile. 

"You look gorgeous." 

I manage to choke out. She smiles

"You look pretty too."

I elbow her and she nudges back. Our time is short together as her beloved fiance comes along to drag her off. She mouths the word 'sorry' and flounces away with him. 

We don't talk much for the next few hours. I sit in a booth. Alone. Drinking coke. I see his arm around her waist, as everyone they talk to asks to see her wedding ring. It was perfect for her. It was three thin silver bands, she had never liked gold, connected together at the bottom. Each band had a diamond they lined up vertically the biggest one in the middle with two smaller ones on the outside bands. 

I hear Tamara's phone ring and she apologizes and goes to turn it off, but her face goes pale as she sees the number. She excuses herself and goes outside to take it. I stand up to make sure she's okay, but stop myself. If she needs me, she'll tell me. 

I anxiously wait for a good ten minutes till she comes back inside. Her face is emotionless. Oli reaches out to her but she blows right past him and walks straight to me. 

"Tony, come outside for a second. Please." she says quietly. 

I obediently follow her.

"What happened?"

"My parents are dead, Tony."

I stand there in shock.

"The hospital called, they've been living in Baltimore and got into a car crash. They were both killed on the impact. The hospital only called me and my aunt. We're all that's left anyways."

I don't know what do say. So I stand there and she continues. 

"I don't have my aunts number, she doesn't even know I exist. My parents had me before they were married and saw me as an accident, they didn't tell any of the family they had a kid. My aunt will organize the funeral. I'm not attending. I can't."

"Are you sure?" I don't want her to regret her decision. 

"Of course I'm sure! They abandoned me. They watched me die a thousand times and never gave a damn. Why should I care about their funeral when they prayed for mine everyday? They hated me."

"You don't know that..." I try to comfort her 

"They told me they hated me! They fucking screamed it at my face!" she screams.

She burries her head in my shoulder. I hold her tightly.

"Tony?"

"Yeah, Tea?"

"Will you walk me down the aisle?"

My heart cringes at the fact that I won't be the one waiting for her at the end of the aisle. 

"Yes. Of course."

She smiles. We hear the people inside cheering and blowing the horns. 

"Oh and Tony, Happy New Year." 

"You too, Tea."

"What the fuck is going on here?" Oli joins us outside. 

"I just had to talk to Tony, calm down Oli." 

Tamara leaves my embrace and takes his hand. 

"I think it'd be best if you took Tamara home."

I say with a nod then head inside.

Maybe she'll tell him. Maybe she won't. 

I'm just glad she needs me. As selfish as that sounds.

Maybe she won't marry me, but I'll always be her knight in shining armor.