20

Tony P.O.V 

Days without Tamra pass slowly. I wake up, go to the studio, come home, sleep. Over and over. No blue eyes that greet mine, no one stealing my shirts, no one can make me laugh. It's a vicious cycle filled with 24 hours of moping. Vic changed her contact to "Do not call her." but after an attempt to he deleted her number for me. Even though I knew it by heart.

They didn't mention her, they knew better than that. I stopped talking about her. This went on for weeks. This bubble of depression I seemed to be stuck in all because of one girl. I hate her. I hate how weak she makes me. I hate how cold it is without her. I hate how she's the only one who can make me smile. I hate her icy blue eyes that I'm never gonna see again. And I hate how I still love her, but she doesn't love me.

I managed to finish recording the guitar parts for the record and I even helped Vic with a few lyrics. Using my broken heart as a muse. Christmas came around and we were still tinkering with the album, and still living together in that big house. But, around this time is when things got difficult. I wish I could've spent Christmas with Tamara. I know the guys went and saw her, when she came back from tour. They all exchanged gifts and she even sent one for me. I didn't open it. I couldn't. I knew they were all texting her, and that they would individually meet her up for coffee every now and then. It hurt like a bitch. But I pretended it didn't bother me.

As Christmas passed, things seemed to get a bit better. We released our album in the spring, giving me the perfect distraction. I began to think of her less, but for some reason also more. She will always have a place in my heart, and when I look back at it seems to hurt a little less each time. 

The guys tried to set me up on dates, get me to "put myself out there". The girls were sweet, pretty, but non of them could even compete with Tamara. The kisses weren't as sweet, the conversations seemed meaningless, and I couldn't care less to see them again. 

Though I fell so hard, I was managing to pick up the pieces. I had good days, with distractions and little thoughts of Tamara, and bad days where I would think I saw her or find something of hers she forgot here. Now, here I am staring at my empty room. We were all packed up and ready to leave for warped tour with a brand new set and playing on a bigger stage. A year anniversary of when I met Tamara. All of us were excitied, but I was also nervous. I didn't want to run into Tamara but at the same time I hoped we would run into each other. I laid down on the sheet less mattress and stared at the present Tamara gave me, still in the wrapping paper. I reach over and grab the present slowly tearing off the paper. Under the paper was a box. I lift the lid to find a piece a paper with guitar picks under neath. I unfold the paper to see a turtle wearing a flat brim and the name "Tony Turtle" scrawled along the side. I remember telling her my love for turtles, and also seeing her sketching every now and then. I trace my fingers over her artwork and immediately know I'll be getting it tattooed. I grab a pick from the box and see it says "Tony Turtle" and on the other side Tamara's drawing. I laugh for the first time in a while and put everything back in the box. I hear a honk from outside and immediately tumble down the stairs to head off to Warped.