24

Tony P.O.V

The sun is really hot. Like insanely hot. It's the first day of our third year at Warped. It would've been me and Tamara's three year anniversary. This is when we met, when I saved her, and now when I remember her. I know she's gotten better. She took up modeling again and their new album came out, plus the guys tell me she's doing good.

After the last Warped PTV got big. We went on a six month world tour. Our fan base was multiplying by the second and this year we're playing on mainstage. 

"Let's go, Turtle." says Vic. He lightly shoves me and I return from spacing out. I put down the football I was throwing around with Mike and follow the other guys out of the bus area. We slip around the crowd to behind main stage and get ready for our first show. 

We put in our ear pieces and do last minute tuning for guitars. As we finish our cheer and bound onto stage I can't help but notice a girl in a Nirvanna tank with long dark wavy hair bouncing around on the other side off the stage. Tamara runs through my mind but I quickly brush off the thoughts, Before I can ask Vic who is playing the set after us we bounce on the stage filled with energy. 

Evereything goes great but I can't help but notice Vic continuing to look at the side stage throughout the set. I steal a few glances, but can't find anything interesting.

The set ends well and we say goodbybe jogging off the side of the stage sweaty but content. As they change out the pedal boards and drum sets and such, I look over and see her. Standing on  her tippy toes helping Logan with his ear piece. My heart drops to my stomach and I feel frozen to the spot. Her hair is still long and wavy, her wrists remain covered with the signature bandana, and her laugh still rings sweetly. I'd know that laugh anywhere. I then see Vic over there, hugging her hello and the two of them chatting. I feel envious, but then remember I'm the one avoiding her.

"Tone," I ignore the voice and continue starring. 

"Tony!"

"What?" I reply snapping out of it. 

"Guitar, ear piece. We have a signing to get to."

I listen and return my stage gear back into it's place. 

I watch Vic and Tamara say goodbye, and I swear as she jumps onto stage she gives me a smile.

Just for me. 

*****

From the signing I still had a perfect view of main stage. Tamara still preformed as amazingly as she did the first time I saw her.  I stay distracted throughout the entire signing, feeling bad for the kids who only catch half my attention. I can't help it. 

I don't go right to her when the show finishes. I've managed to stay clean of her for so long I'm not gonna relapse without a fight. I seperate myself from the other guys and go to the same place I first told Tamara I cared about her. And I chased her when she ran. 

I sit down and sigh. 

Before I can even collect my thoughts, I feel someone else come and it next to me. I hold my breath in anicipation of hoping it's Tamara, and hoping it's not Tamara. But I'm left without a choice, because it is Tamara. 

"Hi."

"Hi."

"Tony..." she starts quietly

"What." I say not looking at her.

"You should stop doing that, you have such pretty eyes."

I smile at the memory of me saying that to her in this exact spot three years ago. I turn to look at her. She's grinning. 

"I've missed you." I say honestly. 

"I've missed you too." I pray she's being honest as well. 

We lean back together, now laying in the grass. Close enough to be friends, but far away enough to not be in a relationship. We start to talk. About the world tour, the new album, the crazy people we've met, this goes on for a long time and the sky has turned orange. 

"Where did we go wrong?" I ask as we stand up to head back.

"Tony, we were never right."

"What does that mean?"

"Were friends. We don't need more than that." 

"Oh." 

"Oh as in Okay or Oh as in what the fuck?"

I laugh a little at her blunt response then say 

"Oh as in I don't understand."

We stop walking and turn to face each other again. 

"It was great being together, Tony. The best relationship I had ever had. It was amazing and I'm so glad we had that. And that we 're talking again right now. It means the world to me.  You helped me through a lot and made me a better person. I can't thank you enough."

Her blue eyes glass over with tears, looking even more blue. 

I take her hands in mine 

"You changed me too, you made me see the world differently and... and..."

I loose my train of thought as my fingers graze over hers and something feels off.

"Tony, I can explain..."

But I barely hear her as I stare at the engagement ring on her fourth finger of her left hand.