Chapter 39: Epilogue

Jay's Pov

I study her as a smile tugs at my lips, how can I still find new things that make me fall more in love with her as each second passes?

"I don't know how you eat that stuff!" She shrieks as a spoonful of stuffing is shoved at her mouth , a little piece getting on her lips as her nose scrunches up in disgust.  I can't help but fully smile at the picture , how can someone get more beautiful with each passing day?

Her ring on her left hand sparkles as the light caresses each diamond. The vivid memory dances fire in my head as I remember the moment she said I do, three years ago.

"Your husband loves it." Natalie laughs as she looks over at me.

"Well then he can eat it all." She looks over to me, eyes shining bright with pride as she mouths an I love you to me.

"I'm with shay on this one, that's like dog barf served warm." James appears from the kitchen, a beer accommodating his left hand.

"Eww it is!" Her laughter courses through my veins as I wait to hear more of it.

"Josh hates it too, so I guess Jay and I are the only ones eating this yummy goodness." Natalie smiles as she sets the glass bowl on the table next to the rolls. She leans over and takes their son from Josh as the little boy grabs her face and smiles at her. His little teeth makes Shay beam at him as she looks away and walks my way.

"Hello beautiful." She sneaks her arms around my neck as I peer into her eyes.

"Hello handsome." She leans in as she softly touches her lips to mine.

"I'm so thankful that you're my husband, I can't wait till we start our own little family. Happy Thanksgiving baby."

"Not as happy as I am that you're my wife." I nip at her bottom lip with my teeth as she fights a smile. At this rate id be more then willing to start trying for a baby of our own right now, with the way she looks at me.

"Hey lovebirds, stop being so cute and come sit. It's time to eat." James calls as he places the turkey on the table.

I pull away reluctantly as I thread her fingers with mine and pull out a chair for her. I take a long hard look over shays and my house and how much love is in it. We've come such a long way with not only ourselves but with each other. Being medically discharged from the army was hard on me at first. The PTSD threatened to eat me alive but with time, help with loved ones, and therapy. It seemed to make it easier to deal with. My attacks still come and go, but when I roll over at night to see my beautiful wife curled up to my side, I know I'm alright.

"Jay?" Her velvet voice is coaxed with concern as she squeezes my hand lightly. I snap out of my thoughts as I meet her gaze. Her eyebrows are pulled together in concern.

"I'm ok, sorry sweetheart. Was just thinking about how much I love you. Thank you for being mine." I kiss her forehead as her concern relaxes under my lips.

"Thank you for being mine as well, I love you. And I'm starving so hurry up and take a seat, pass me some taters!" She laughs lightly as I do as she pleases, I swear she loves mash potatoes more than anyone I know. 

We say grace, as I send my own silent prayer thanking God for what he's blessed me with in the past four years and returning my girl back to me.

And to think it all started on April 1st, what I thought was just me passing through ended up to be a permanent home. I thank my friends for always going to the diner after games. Because I never would have met the love of my life. And now that I got her, I never plan to let go.

******
A/N:

This books as been amazing to write, I never imagined I'd ever get this kind of support. I may not be a famous Wattpad person, but I never dreamed to be overwhelmed with amazing comments and dedicated writers!
This won't be the last of my writing so stay in touch all of you, I'm working on trying to publish a
Two book series I've been writing outside of Wattpad. So I'll keep you all updated.

Thank you to everyone for every like, comment, and never giving up on me or my writing. I will always hold all of you close to my heart.

It's such a bittersweet feeling to be at the end of this book, I only started writing it to kill time and beat writers block for my other stories that aren't posted on her. So knowing that I can get this much support with just a story to kill time with, I can't imagine publishing the series I've put everything into.

I hope all of you will still support me and push me to go further in the future. I'll write more about my series I wrote soon once I figure the publishing process out and it's not just talk.

Thank you all for everything, I'm always here if you need anything since I'm on Wattpad all the time. Don't discard this book from your library as updates will come soon of other books.

Happy thanksgiving, I'm thankful for all of you! I love you all!!

Xoxo ~

Military_Writer97 :)

Btw my real name is Shianne (it's pronounced Cheyenne)

💕📖💕