Chapter 26

Chapter 26:

I reread the text again, well I try to at least as my mind tries to catch up with reality. This can't be happening right? I mean this text doesn't mean that Jay's cheating... could it? I close my eyes and shake my head, hoping that when I open them again this text will become a figure of my imagination.

"Babe, who's on the phone?" I hear Jay's voice calling from the living room. I want to answer back but my throat is tight. Too tight to get air, let alone to yell back. So instead I blink away the tears as much as possible and take a deep breathe as I walk towards the living room. Each step has my head spinning with numerous scenarios and my heart beats till i'm sure they can all hear me before I even enter the room.

"Jay can I talk to you please, outside?" My voice is steadier then I thought it would be, but the sentence alone makes Jay look concerned. I steal a glance at Josh's wife and I know she knows something is off.

"Yea of course, if you'll excuse us a moment please." He nods to Josh as he picks himself off the couch and heads over, he tries to touch my shoulder but I get out the door before he can.

"What's wrong Shaylee, you never act like this?"

"Who's Jade?" Trying to push her name out is like swallowing lead. I watch Jay's reaction, his face goes white and he starts looking every where but me. It's all the confirmation I need, and the tears start to fall. You know even looking at the text, I knew it was true but you never believe it until it's confirmed by the one person who made you feel so alive one day, and dead to the world the next...

"Shay, babe please don't cry. I was going to tell you, I just-" He takes a futile step forward and I have my hands up in seconds.

"Who's Jade, Jay? Answer the question or so help me God I will leave right now."

"It's not what you think Shaylee, just please don't leave." He reaches out to try and touch me again but I cross my arms and will myself to meet his pleading eyes.

"Then you need to start explaining Jay because my head is about to explode with all these thoughts of a girl you've never seem to have mentioned before."

"She's my ex, the one I told you about when you found out I was in the military."

I shake my head in disgust, this isn't happening.

"So you can't tell your current girlfriend of almost a year about these nightmares you've been having but you can call up some girl who shattered your heart and tell her all about it, wow!"

"It's not like that Shay, we have history." He runs his hand through his hair as he realizes what he just said and he tries to take it back.

"So what do we have? Nothing. I've invested my time and my heart in our relationship Jay, it's been a hard year with you being in the army but I have stayed by your side because I love you, and I thought you loved me Jay. Yet it looks like your heart belongs to some girl who cheated on you with some guy while you were away, who didn't give a shit what you were doing. She was only out for herself."

"Are you serious right now Shay, you don't think I love you? Your the only one who has gotten me through the unspeakable, you gave me will to keep going. So for you to say I don't love you is ridiculous. I don't love her Shaylee, I don't think I ever did. Because the love I have for you tells me what I had before with Jade wasn't real."

"It still doesn't explain why you guys are talking. Why you told her about these nightmares while already having a girlfriend. Does she even know were together Jay, or did you leave that out while she comforted you?" I shake my head again, the tears are gone. Anger mixed with hurt has settled in.

"She texted me and wanted to meet up for coffee so she could apologize for what she did to me."

"I think a phone call could have handled that, she didn't have to meet up with you."

"I needed to go Shaylee, I know I should have let you know but this was closure I needed. I've wanted an apology from her long before we got together, so when she was going to give it to me I didn't want to say no."

"I would have thought if you truly moved on, if I truly met everything to you. You wouldn't need the apology, i'm all about satisfaction too Jay, but sometimes people find it when they move on and find love some where else."

"I know that now, but at the time I thought I needed it, I was hurt so bad that I convinced myself any type of closure would heal all the scars and wounds she left. I now see that I didn't need her to say anything to me, because you already made those scars go away."

"It still hurts that you told her about your nightmares before you told me."

"I didn't want to burden you with them, I can handle them. Normally I just go for a walk, or I play with your hair as you sleep. You being next to me gives me comfort, it lets me know that there are beautiful things in life. What I've seen in life clouded it a bit but you always allow me to be reminded that there are just as many good things as there are bad. It's all how we look at it. So yea I told her about them, and i'm sorry for that baby. I promise for now if something is bothering me i'll talk to you about it first. Ok, just please don't be mad at me anymore. I can't stand it."

"Honestly though, were you even going to tell me about her?"

"Since she doesn't mean anything to me, I really wasn't going to mention it but-" He looks down at me and all hope vanishes from his eyes before he shakes his head and mumbles never-mind.

"No, tell me Jay. What were you going to say?" My gut knows that what i'm about to hear won't be good.

"She kissed me, and I might have kissed her back for a second."

************

A/N: Thank you to everyone's support on the last chapter, the response I got back was incredible and I loved reading all your comments. Sorry this chapter is over due but i've been sick and I wasn't even going to upload but I was over just laying here. I'm also sorry for another cliffhanger but I wanted to end it here. So thank you all again!

Xoxo - Midnight_Writer97 :)