Military Girlfriend (Chapter 1)

Chapter 1

************

"Ok, so that will be two hamburgers, extra cheese on both, two sets of fries and two coffees? I asked. Reciting the order back to the couple who were sitting at the booth.

They both nodded their heads. "Oh, and can we get a side of ranch too please?" The red head girl asked with a smile. She was probably in her early 20's.

"Of course, i'll go put your order in now, it should be up shortly." I smiled back as I picked up the menus from them.

I walked the distance to the front door and gave the menus back to our hostess, Sally. So she could sit more people. I walked to the back where the kitchen was and placed the couples order into our chief.

I grabbed a wet rag and started wimping up the front counters when the familiar sound of the bell went off from the entrance door. Signaling we had new customers to sit and serve. My stress level went up more. We are always so busy on Friday nights. It's when all the hungry teens come after a football game. I guess you could say it was "The Hangout," the place to meet.

I rolled my eyes, as I looked up at the clock hanging above the door. Ughh! It was only 7:00pm, I have two more hours until I get off work. The only good thing about tonight was that I got payed.

"Hello? Shaylee? Don't just stand there the foods getting cold!" Nancy exclaimed swatting me on the butt with a dishrag. I sent her a glare, but broke out giggling when I met her eyes.

Nancy has always been a second mom to me, but she has really took me under her wing this year when both my parents died in a deadly car accident.

It wasn't that long that they passed, so the wounds were still open. If I thought about it for two long I'd start to cry.

I felt Nancy engulf me in a motherly hug, she always knew when I was thinking of them.

She was a lot taller than me, at the height of 5'11. Even at her 66 year old age.

The thought of her hugs always made me wish she had children, but sadly she never did.

She pulled back from me, wimping her old tired eyes away from tears. Her green eyes shined so bright with so much wisdom and knowledge behind them. Her grey hair, cut short with tight curls, her lips were thin and had laugh lines by them to represent what she's gone through in life. She wasn't skinny, but she wouldn't be considered far either.

I wiped away some of my own falling tears, as I picked up the hot plates, I walked past Nancy and she gave me a kiss in the cheek and then disappeared somewhere in the back.

"Anything else I can get you?" I asked the couple as I served them their food and coffee.

"Nope, we're good. Thank you so much." The red head girl spoke with kindness in her voice.

I gave a small smile and nodded before wimping my hands on my black apron tied behind my waist, as I started heading towards the bathroom.

I locked the door and gripped onto the bathroom sink. Looking over my reflection. My bright blue eyes were piercing blue with specks of green through out them. My plump lips were a soft pink thanks to the lip balm I applied earlier. I was a golden tan, devoting my days off tanning by the pool. Which by the looks of it has payed off. My light blonde hair which flowed to my belly button when left down was pushed up into a high ponytail.

I examined my body figure, the main thing I was proud of. My body was shaped into a long, perfect hour glass figure, which matched my very long tan legs.

I looked back up at my face again, smiling that my skin was finally perfectly clear. After years of battling acne I finally grew out of it. Sure it left me tons of insecurities, but I was satisfied with my skin.

I fixed up my make-up before I heard pounding on the door.

"Shaylee, come quick there is the cutest guy who is totally your type!" Nancy squealed from the other side.

I unlocked the door laughing as she bounced up and down, grinning like she just won the lottery.

She grabbed my arm and started pulling me towards the front of the restaurant.

I swear you wouldn't be able to guess this woman's age. She was always like a giddy little school girl trying to find me the "perfect guy" so I wouldn't always be so lonely.

She came to abrupt stop making me run into her.

"Ouch, that hurt! At least warn a girl when you're going to stop." I said rubbing my probably now red forehead.

I looked up at her feeling extremely short. My 5'5 body frame didnt match up to hers.

"So where is this cute-"

"Shhhh, he's over there in the back booth with those give guys, he's the one standing up now!" I rolled my eyes not liking being interrupted but looked anyway.

My eyes scanned the back of the room for awhile until my eyes locked with a pair of hazel eyes coming our way.

The guy was tall, probably 6'1, his shoulders were broad and you can tell he worked out by the muscles engraved on his body. He had defined bone structure and kissable lips. I automatically licked my lips just looking at his. His hair was brown and the top part stuck out more looking as if he just ran his hand through it.

"Excuse me miss, can you tell me where the bathrooms at?" A deep voice filled my ears and I looked up seeing it belonged to the guy I've been gawking at.

My mouth went dry and the words caught in my throat as I stared into his beautiful blue eyes. Nancy must have seen my look because she smiled and told the sexy Goddess.

"Down here and to the left." She smiled gesturing with her hands where to go.

"Thank you ma'am." He smiled with his perfect pearly white teeth, and if I wasn't hooked yet, I was now. I've always been a sucker for guys with beautiful smiles.

He smiled at Nancy one more time and gave a nod my way with th same gorgeous smile, as he made his way past is.

Nancy waited till he was out of ear shot to hit me in my ribs with her elbow making me snap out of my daydream of him.

"What was that for?" I asked wincing at the pain.

"Next time he talks to you, don't just stand there, say something! He was totally checking you out." She scolded.

"Yea. Sure he was." I laughed.

"We'll, he wasn't checking me out. I mean I'm hot for an old lady but he was definitely eyeing you." She joked.

Oh, and for the record. You're welcome, I told you he was a cutie." She spoke before walking off.

It was times like these I was glad Nancy was the owner of this place, at least once a day we would scope out the cute boys walking in.

I found myself looking back over at the back tables to already find the new familiar hazel eyes pouring into mine.

He let out a smug smile noticing I was checking him out and sent a playful wink my way. I let out a laugh, rolling my eyes as I looked back up at the clock. I had thirty more minutes left of my shift.

I knew he probably was just passing through since this old small town rarely got any new faces.

I picked up my pad and pen again, setting off to get my shift over with and to shake the guy with the perfect smile out of my mind.