Chapter 22

Chapter 22:

"What, I mean how. Why?" I couldn't even form a complete sentence as I stared into the eyes that have only been in my dreams for the past eight months."

"I came back a couple hours ago, that's why I haven't written back to you in so long. I'm sorry if I scared you but I was moving around a lot to get here, I didn't have time to write."

"It's ok, how long are you here for?"

"Two weeks and then I go back for another four months and then i'm home for good."

I'm still standing here crying, yet now we've moved to the parking lot. Every few seconds reality hits me that he's here with me and I act like a mad man as I go from normal to uncontrollably sobbing and hugging him within seconds. I got to say, love makes you crazy.

"I can't believe you're back." I ran a hand through my hair and just beamed up at him as we climbed into the car.

"Me either, but it feels so great. By the way you look just incredible babe." He leans back a little and looks me up and down, I'm proud to know my workout has paid off. The look on his face makes all the running till my side ached worth it. He's worth anything I have to go through, I must say.

"So I understand if you don't want to but do you know how I talked to you about my friend who was trying to get back home to see his wife, and to be back in time for their baby's birth?"

"Oh yea, Josh right? How is he doing?"

"He's great, they had their baby, and luckly for him he was there to see their son being born. Well when I got off the plane he called me and wants us to come down so we can meet his wife and son, he wants to meet you too."

"Of course i'd love to meet him, it would be nice to finally see a different part of you. When does he want us to go down?" We reached his house and parked the car as he put his arm around my shoulders and unlocked the door.

"That's the thing, I know I just got here but today is the best day for us to go down because he has family coming down to meet the baby and everything. I mean I understand if you don't want too because you haven't seen me in so long but I told him I'd at least run it by you."

"I'll have you for two weeks, I can see it would mean a lot to you to go so we can go. I think you should shower first and i'll make you something to eat and then we can go. How long will it take us to get there?"

"Three days of driving there, so we will probably be gone for about five days. I talked to Nancy when I landed and she said you can have the whole two weeks off and she'll still pay you. Are you still ok with going?"

"Oh wow that's pretty long, but yea i'm still ok with going. So you go take a shower and ill make you some food and get some of your clothes together and then I guess we can swing by my apartment and I can get what I need."

"You're the best, thank you so much babe." He kisses my forehead and heads to the shower and i'm stuck leaning against the kitchen counter running my hand through my head again trying to go through a mental checklist of what all needs to be done in a short couple hours. Even though its already the afternoon I make myself some coffee knowing that i'll drive since I know how exhausted Jay must be. Since we only have so much time I make Jay a grilled cheese sand-which, I feel a bit bad for the unwelcoming plate of food but i'll have to do it another night.

I set the hot plate of food in the microwave as I head up to Jay's room, pulling down his suitcase and getting some items of clothing that I know are his favorite and folding it in the bag. He merges out of the shower, freshly shaved to my disappointment he's not in just a towel but hey he still looks sexy in the black jeans and white t shirt hes wearing.

"You're food is downstairs in the microwave, its nothing great but its all I could do on short notice im sorry."

"Nothing to be sorry for love, thank you for even making me something."

"Of course, and there's some coke in the fridge. Also is there anything you want me to pack specifically?"

"Umm yea, you know my hoodie that has the black sleeve and the torso part of it is grey?" He does his best to paint a picture with me and I bite my lip to not laugh as he starts doing hand motions to bring a better picture to my mind. I know exactly what hoodie he's talking about, but he looks to cute trying to tell me when he can simply go in the closet and see it hanging up.

"I know what you mean babe, now go eat your food before it gets cold and gross." I smile as I walk to the closet and pull out the jacket, I grab all the rest of the articles of clothing he needs and then get his toothbrush, deodorant, and stuff like that before zipping up his bag and place it next to the front door.

"Wow you're already packed everything?" Jay ask rounding the corner as he finishes off his coke.

"Yea, I know what would you do without me?" I playfully wink at him as I stand on my tippy toes and place a kiss on his cheek.

"To be honest, i'd still probably be looking for the suitcase."

Smiling up at him, with excitement bubbling in the pit of my stomach, reality hits as I speak up. "Very true, so tell me are you ready for our first road trip together?"

A/N: I'm Back!! :D .... So sorry I haven't updated in over a month, time just got away and I haven't been in the writing mood. Too much stuff going on, anyway I know this is pretty short, it's just a filler for now and I know it's not the best but I needed to give you guys something as you've all have waited patiently and supported this story while I was gone. I'll try to update soon :)

Thanks again for the support, it means a ton to me! :)

Xoxo- Midnight_Writer97<3