Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

His soft plump lips landed on mine, I felt myself relax into his inviting kiss. Ive never felt so content yet so protected in my life, the small fluttering of butterflies awoke until they were in full flight in my stomach.

I felt his rough strong arms wrap around my waist as he pulled me unbelievably close to his toned stomach. He rubbed his fingers in circles along my waist. I could kiss him forever, but my lungs burned for air and I reluctantly pulled away leaning my forehead against his.

"Wow." He spoke in a husky tone as he kissed my forehead and then proceeded to take a deep breathe.

I looked into his bright eyes, as a smile spread itself on my face. I've never been kissed with so much passion, and as his own smile widened I knew he was just as content as I am.

"You have no idea how much Ive wanted to do that, I just never had enough guts to do it because I wanted you to know about me being involved in the army." Jay spoke as he entwined my hands in his.

"You're such a gentleman. I appreciate that honestly."

"I try to be, so I think we should now sit down and discuss everything from us, to me being involved in the army."

"I think that sounds good too." I took a deep breathe preparing myself as we grabbed a cup of coffee and walked over to sit on the chairs at the dining room table.

"First things first, I'm not sure exactly when I will be deployed again or how long ill be deployed for. I enlisted myself in another two years, and that was about thirteen months ago."

"So you only have another eleven months and then you're out?" Hope was clear in my voice.

"Yea, but that's if I don't enlist again. I enjoy what I do, some things are hard and it makes you second guess your decision in enlisting, but then you think about how you're doing this for people's freedom and how you're protecting them and it makes everything worth it."

"I don't blame you Jay, it's a very courageous thing for you to do, but it's just hard. I can't imagine how the wife's of these men can endure the pain while their husbands are gone for such a long time."

"It is hard, but it's also hard for the men as well, some of us don't get to see our children, or our kids being born. Half of us feel so great Skype was invented so we can at least witness the birth of our child. I've never had to go through it, thank God but some of my friends have. It tears them apart to not be where they should."

"Wow, that's crazy."

"It really is, but sometimes after a hard day in the sun and hearing shots go off in your direction and then you hear the cry of a newborn baby from one of the troop members on Skype with their wife and it makes you sit down and take a deep breathe."

"Where do you think you will be deployed next?"

"I'm not sure, I never really am. I heard some of the other men were deployed to Afghanistan."

"Do you think you'll go there?"

"Honestly I don't know, I wish I did."

"Will you be able to tell me where you're at?"

"Not all the time, no. Plus letters take awhile to get back to you at times, so try not to freak out if you don't hear from me for awhile."

"That's easier said than done Jay." I finished off the rest of my coffee as I put my head in my hands. I can't believe this is happening!

"I know, this job isn't an easy one by no means."

"I just, why didn't you tell me when we first meant?"

"Well I could ask you the same thing about hiding you're apartment from me!"

"That's different, and you know it! Plus you know I'm ashamed of that place."

"Yea, well I didn't want to tell you because I figured it didn't matter."

"How could that not matter Jay!"

"I just, ughh this is such a mess. I didn't tell you because I didn't think you would stick around as long as you did, most girls I meet don't." His anger subsided as he sat back down in his chair running a hand through his hair and looking down at the steam rising from his black coffee. I on the other hand was running my fingers rapidly through my hair trying to take this all in.

The guy I was falling for, could be leaving at any time. And what happens if he doesn't come back?

"The very first girl I thought I loved, was the first girl I ever told about me being in the army. She seemed like she cared, at least I thought she did. Yet when I left the second time I was ever deployed she used my away time to her own personal needs and ended up cheating on me while I was gone. Thats why I never told you right away Shay, it's not that I didn't trust you or I didn't want you to know, it was because I was afraid the results would be the same."

"I'm not her though Jay, I wouldn't do that to you." I spoke with a timid voice wanting him to believe the words that fell from my mouth. I wouldn't ever hurt him like that, I hope he knows that.

"It's not that I don't know you're not her, because I know you're not even close to being her, but its just a fear. Its my fear. Do you know when you're younger and you start to have feelings for someone, and they turn around and screw you under leaving you broken? You start to think every person after that will hurt you. Well it's like that for me, with being away. I don't know what's going on and I can't stop it if something is."

I absorbed everything in of what he said like a sponge, I understood where he was coming from, yet it's hard not to feel frustrated while trying to make someone understand you aren't the past.

"Then I guess all we can do is try Jay."

"I guess you're right, so I guess I only have one question for you then." He said looking up at me with a smile.

"Yea, and what's that?" I said returning his contagious smile with my own.

"How do you feel about becoming a Military Girlfriend, well my Military Girlfriend?"

*********************

A/N: Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in so long. I had finals to study for and do, and then my grandma went into the hospital for a couple days. So I've been super stressed out, luckily she is ok and back home! Also finals is over and I'm on break so I will go back to regular updates! I'm so sorry if this isn't good. Writers block has consumed me!

Also id like to thank everyone who voted and commented on the last chapter and the previous ones, it means so much you guys took your time out to do so! It makes my day to know you guys like what I write. <3 The more you guys vote and comment, makes me want to write. So keep it up!

Xoxo
- Midnight_Writer97 :)