Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

It had been two and a half weeks since Jay left. The emptiness in my chest reminds me every time the clock would tick. Why did I have to lie? I know why, it was because I didn't want to lose him, yet by lying I did lose him and God how I missed him, how I yearned for him to smile down at me and meet my eyes.

When he left that night, when he left me alone with my screaming mind. I cried, and I continued to cry until my tears drowned me to a sleep. I felt groggy and tired, and if you think that still hasn't gone away it hasn't.

Come on Shaylee get it together, you just met him.

But why is my heart aching the way it is for him?

I just don't understand, I know I shouldn't have lied to him but why can't he just give me a second chance?

The bell from the cafe dinged as the door opened, my heart lurched forward thinking it just might be Jay, but it ended with disappointment as it was just Nancy coming back from her lunch. She shot me a guilty filled smile and walked into the back.

She knew what happened, she wimped away my running make up as I clung to her shirt soaking it.

I'm pathetic, I really am. He probably has forgotten me by now, moved on with someone else while I'm here stuck hoping he will return.

I just need to get over him now, square my shoulders and picture my life how it was a few weeks ago without him in it.

Yet I didn't want to, the truth is Jay has opened my eyes to brighter things since he's come in. Made me laugh and forget about my parents, my apartment. I just had to ruin it.

"Honey why don't you go home for the day, and go talk to that boy. You're a wreck and it's breaking my heart looking at you."
Nancy spoke in a motherly way.

"I don't even know where he lives." I muttered wimping off the already clean tables from moments ago of me scrubbing to get my mind off Jay.

"Tisk, Tisk. I know everyone in this town, so I took the honor of asking around and I found out where the fellow lives."

She handed me a small piece of white paper and I hurried as fast as my nimble fingers could open it.

There etched in Nancy's handwriting was scrawled out in blue pen, Jays address.

I gave her a big hug as I grabbed my keys off the counter and bolted to the door and out to my car.

Please God let him be there. I prayed as I took a couple left hands turns and found my car etching to the far end of town. It wasn't trashy like my location but it also wasn't expensive. I found his house to actually be a condo.

B12 was etched on the paper and I parked my car in a vacant parking spot as I scanned the area for the B section.

"B9, B10, 11. I stopped at B12 as I took a deep breathe. I closed my hand in a fist and knocked on the door."

I took a couple steps back, weighing my options as if I should run or wait it out.

Yet before I could make up my mind the front door opened to a shocked Jay dressed in white basketball shorts and a black tee.

"Umm hi. I know I'm probably the last one you want to see but can I please come in and talk?" I held my breathe as I waited for his response. I watched his mouth open and close like a fish out of water before he cleared his throat and gestured me inside.

I walked to what I assumed was the living room and waited until he nodded his head and gave me permission to sit down. He took the chair away from me as I crossed my legs and sat on the edge of the couch.