Chapter 23:

Chapter 23:

"Babe I am telling you we're lost." Uncontrollable laughter escaped my lips as I realized we were getting no where. Now I know what you may be thinking, Shaylee you're crazy if you're laughing hysterically at being lost. I swear to you i'm not though, i'm just extremely tired because it's one O clock in the morning and we've been driving since eight. We were all fine while I was driving, but an hour ago when Jay takes over we are now lost. I mean I couldn't even tell you where the nearest hotel was. Not how I pictured our first road trip, but hey memories are being made. Right?

"We are not lost, we're just-"

"Jay, we're lost. Can we please find a gas station and ask for some directions? It's getting late."

"We aren't lost, I know where we're at."

"Really then where are we?" I raise an eyebrow challenging him while fighting back my tired smile.

"I forget what it's called." He's biting back his own smile as well, and won't even look over at me all the way.

"What is with men never asking for directions, does that lower your guys testosterone or something?"

"Hey never question us men, we promise to get you to the destenation safley and that's that."

"You put us more at risk driving around tired at night in the middle of no where, rather than pulling over and asking directions to the nearest hotel."

"Well do you have a GPS on your phone?"

"No, I don't have service and I already checked yours and the same thing goes for you as well."

"Just take a nap or something and i'll wake you up when we get to a hotel."

Meanwhile i'm staring at the window as we pass various signs, one in particullar catches my eyes. Next Rest Stop: 50 miles

"You got to be kidding me!" I groan in frusteration as I turn up the heat in the car.

"What's wrong?"

"Did you not just read that sign? 50 miles until the next hotel, 50 miles Jay!"

"Shit, that's awhile from now."

"Yea, and it's going to seem longer because we're both tired. Look I just say we pull over and sleep for awhile before we drive anymore."

"No. I think I can drive for a little longer." 

He tries to protest, but I give him the look and he gradually pulls the car to the side and to a complete stop. I take my time and grab the spare blankets in the trunk before giving one to Jay and reclining my seat back. Before I can think another thought i'm fast asleep.

I'm awakened by the sound of running water, I'm confused at first and when I open my eyes I find sheets draped over my body. I look around the room and see the items of what appear to be a hotel. The digital clock next to me reads 8:30. I toss the blankets aside and pad across the floor to the shower.

"Babe?" I knock on the door a couple times as the water shuts off and Jay opens the door with the white towel wrapped around his waist and another one in his hand dryer his hair.

"Morning, how'd you sleep?" He kisses my forehead as he walks past me and starts the small coffee maker in our room.

"Good thanks, so I thought we agreed to sleep in the car."

"We did, but after thirty minutes of me sleeping I was over being cramped and you looked ucomfortable yourself so I drove the remaining of the way and got us a room."