Chapter 7:

Chapter 7:

My feet carried me as fast as I can in and out of bushes to go meet Jay at the house that was so called mine, you see my alarm didn't go off when it should have since I sent in to pm instead of am so here I am sprinting to meet this boy. It was a cool day today, the skin that was showing in my light ripped skinny jeans rose with goosebumps. I had a floweral ruffled shirt on, matched with a grey cardigian. My long blonde hair was curled into tight spirals, but with me running like my life depended on it, I was sure the curls were going to turn into waves.

I could hear Jay honking from a street away, and pushed myself some more to run faster, that was when an unexpected root decided to be placed in my path and I fell face first.

"Shit!" I cursed, standing up and wimping the dirt on my jeans. I ignored my stinging scrapped hands and rounded the corner of the house to see Jay knocking on the door.

"Hey Jay!" I yelled out of fear of him knowing no one would be answering that door, he turned around startled but then smiled his bright smile to me.

"Hey Shay, umm where were you, ive been knocking for like five minutes. I was about to burst through the door like the swat team in a second." He joked.

"Oh. I was. Well I was just out back."

"And you couldn't hear me knocking?"

"Nope, I had my music in my ears."

"Well then wheres your I pod now?"

"Ohh I went through the back door and set it on the counter."

"Then why is a twig in your hair, and dirt on your face?" He laughed loudly wimping the dirt from my cheek and dropping the twig on the floor to join the scattered about leaves.

"I was gardening sheshh, what is this an interrogation?"

"Come on Goldie Locks, bowling awaits."

As soon as we were buckled into the car, he turned on the heater allowing the warmth to dance around my face and wrap around my body like an invisible blanket.

"How's your day going so far?" Jay asked me as he pulled onto the main road.

"Its been... eventful, and what about you?"

"It got out to a slow start, but its a whole lot better now. So do you like bowling?"

"I've only played it a couple times, so im not that good. Actually im down right terrible!"

"Me too, but hey thats the fun of it."

Jay pulled up to a red bowling alley, packed with a bunch of cards full of teenagers or families. As soon as we were inside we were greeted to the last lane, apparently Jay knows the owners well so we didnt have to wait for another lane to open up. I grabbed myself a red ball, and Jay pulled himself out an off looking blue one. I laced up the ugly shoes they provided us, I mean really can they make these things any uglier? The dark green and red mixed with black just reminds me of dog vomit, sorry but it does.

"Alright you're up first Blondie." Jay smiled taking a seat as he watched me grab the heavy ball and walk up to the out strenched lanes.

I took a deep breathe and squared my shoulders as I brought my hand back and forcefully aimed it forward. The ball glazed down the slick lane as my ball came close to knocking down the pins, the pins seemed to mock me as they swayed back and forth without any of them falling. My ball was greeted with the gutter as a deated face etched itself out on my face.

Laughter filled my ears, yet it wasn't my own. This laughter was deep and came from a guy, and when I turned around Jay's red face greeted me as he spun around in his seat pounding his feet on the ground with amusement.