Chapter Two- Escaping this place

I can't believe I am doing this. For all I know Phoenix could be a murderer or a rapist, sure she didn't look like it, but she still might be. Regardless I drove to Farrels Road, arriving just after ten. I looked around for any sign of the mysterious girl who didn't have to do much to convince me to meet her today. The more and more I thought about this the more I realised this might not be such a good idea. I mean what the hell do I know about her, except that she is breathtakingly gorgeous and has a hot accent I could listen to for hours.

Maybe I should turn around, get back in my car and drive back home. Yeah maybe that was the best idea. But no matter how sensible that idea was I couldn't bring myself to leave.

"I didn't think you would turn up." I smiled at the sound of heavily accented voice. I turned to face the person the voice belonged to.

"That's because you don't know me." I gave her my best smile and walked over to the fence she was leaning so causally on. She looked amazing last night in the dark, but seeing her now in the bright sunlight was wonderful. She is so beautiful, dark brown hair, perfectly straight reaching just below her shoulder. Chocolate brown eyes that looked so kind but fierce at the same time, and that smile, that smile is without doubt her best feature. It is so genuine and, as cheesy as it may sound, it was dazzling.

"I look forward to getting to know you." She winked at me and pushed off of the fence to join my side. "You know this place better than I do, where should we go?" 

"Let's leave this place, let's go into the next town." I said, receiving a strange look from Phoenix. "Believe me it's better for you if we are going to go out that we leave this town."

"You're already thinking about us going out, we haven't even started our first date yet." She grinned and winked at me. I'm guessing Phoenix's 'thing' is winking. You know how everyone has something that they do, often, like some run their hand through their hair, others repeat a word or saying, some even do a gesture while they talk. Well Phoenix's is winking.

"You know what I mean." I rolled my eyes playfully, walking towards my car, Phoenix followed me without hesitation and got into my passenger side without even so much as looking at me.

"So, where are we going?" She asked, as I climbed into the drivers seat.

"I was thinking we could go into the next town, Calford, it's relatively large and nobody from this town visits there." 'So no one will see us together.' I refrained from adding.

Phoenix shrugged, "Okay. As long as I get to spend time with you, I don't mind where we go." It was moments like these that made me grateful that I wasn't one of those girls that blushed at everything. I didn't respond to her comment, keeping my eyes on the road, it was thirty minute journey, but it was totally worth it to get out of this dump.

Thirty-two minutes later and I was parking up outside a small cafe. I needed coffee, like really needed. What can I say, I'm an addict. "Lets grab a coffee and we can talk." I said as Phoenix and I climbed out of the car and I locked it.

"Sure." She smiled at me, it was a crooked smile that made her look so cute. Damn it Dylan, focus you can't fall for this strange and beautiful girl.

We ordered our drinks and sat at the table at the back of the room, the shop was empty, apart from a old man who was sitting reading a newspaper and sipping a coffee right at the front of the room.

"You're a beautiful girl Dylan."

"W-what?" I chocked on my coffee. "What?" I repeated when that horrible feeling in my throat passed.

"I said," She gave me a huge smile, showing her pearly whites, "You're a beautiful girl." I hadn't misheard her then. What a great conversation starter, I mean most people start with a 'hello' or a 'nice to meet you', but apparently Phoenix prefers to start it in a whole other way.