Chapter Eighteen- Fake my death

Hi guys so I know it's been a while, I'm not gonna make an excuse, this isn't one of my best. But god it's given me so many ideas. Plus the next chapter has already been started. Stick with me. Thank you for your support ❤️

"I'm not in the mood for this today Kim."

Kim had been relentless since we had left the coffee shop. When ignoring her did nothing to stop her, I tried to reason with her. It was like reasoning with the devil.

"Well I am." I could tell she was smirking, this was enjoyable to her, something of a game. A game I had no intention of playing. "Does Reuben know you're a dyke?"

"Reuben knows I like him, and that's why we're dating."

"But does he know you're into chicks, instead of," She paused as if she was seriously contemplating the words she she was going to use next, "well dicks."

Kim was playing with me, she wanted a reaction out of me, a reaction that would let her play the victim. I was doing my best not to avoid giving her the reaction she wanted so desperately. Despite the nagging urge to turn around and punch her those perfect teeth of hers out.

"Or maybe he's completely oblivious, and you're really using him to spy on his pretty sister."

I rolled my eyes, despite knowing that she couldn't do see me so. The accusation was beyond ridiculous. I had no interest in Zoe. I thought she was amazing, and I loved hanging around with her, and calling her a friend, but I wasn't attracted to her in any sort of manner.

"Maybe you're just a pervert."

The word left her mouth with such malice, she had used it to get a rise out of me, and it had worked exactly like she had intended it to.

"I'm not a pervert." I spun on my heel, and turned to face her, feeling my cheeks growing warmer as my pulse quickened and the blood pumped faster through my veins.

The corners of Kim's mouth rose in a smirk. She was pleased with herself, and she had no intention of stopping there. I had made a mistake turning around, but I had done it, and I was determined to knock her down a few blocks.

"I mean that's what you are. You stare at girls all the time, and I mean, God, you shared a changing room with them for years." I felt myself grit my teeth, my jaw feeling tighter, as I listened to her go on, feeling angrier with each word. "I bet the whole time you were staring at them as they changed, like a real pervert."

"Say that again," I told her, taking a tiny step closer to her, using whatever restraint I had left, not to hit right then, "I dare you."

My words were threatening, and I saw Kim's smirk falter slightly, before it grew. The thing about Kim was, she was arrogant, and cocky. She wouldn't back down, even if she was on her own this time, and the odds were heavily stacked in my favour. It was just the way she was. Perhaps, we were a lot more alike than we would care to admit.

"Dare her to what?"

Zoe's voice was accusing as she pressed her hand to my shoulder gently, standing beside me, as she glared over at Kim. Kim refused to break eye contact with me, as if she was attempting to kill me just by looking at me.

"Why don't you run along Kim?"

"Next time, Foster." Kim broke the eye contact and smiled a sickly sweet smile at Zoe, before walking straight past us, hitting my shoulder as she did so.

"I fucking hate that girl."

I laughed at Zoe's words, and wrapped an arm around her waist, feeling so grateful to have her. She was always on my side, and she had just stopped something stupid from happening.