Chapter Twenty Eight- Trouble in Paradise

---------------------------------------

Dylan's P.O.V

---------------------------------------

Amazing. That was the only word I could think of to describe how I currently felt. I had never felt so great walking into school before. Everything seemed amazing right now. Phoenix and I couldn't be in a better place, we had spent all of Saturday night in bed talking about anything and everything. It felt as if all my worries about being too immature and too inexperienced for her, had all but disappeared. It wasn't even the fact that we had had sex, it was the fact we had connected after we had had sex, we were both so honest and open with one another. As if, as soon as all my worries and doubts had disappeared, I could be completely myself.

"So you managed to drop off the radar this weekend, but you've turned up for school, how shocking Miss Foster?"

Zoe's voice interrupted my thoughts as she wrapped an arm around my shoulder to get my full undivided attention.

"Did you lose your phone? Or are you just ignoring me?" Zoe pouted at me playfully before a smile broke out on her lips.

"I could never ignore you Zo, I've just been busy this weekend."

"What with all your other friends."

Zoe joked, laughing to herself as I shook my head at her, "I'm sorry I didn't respond to your texts, my one hundred other friends just couldn't wait."

It was her turn to shake her head at me, as she playfully rolled her eyes at my sarcastic comment, "maybe that secret girlfriend of yours is just getting all of your attention."

I was tempted to ignore her comment as we continued to walk towards the school doors, but knowing Zoe if I didn't give her an answer she wouldn't drop the subject.

"Ive told you a thousand times Zo, I don't have a secret girlfriend."

"Well that is a shame Dyl," Zo let out an exaggerated sigh as she stopped walking, making me turn to face her, "because I have a date with a very cute guy and I was really hoping we could make it a double date."

"You have a date?" Now I was genuinely curious, for all the suitors Zoe had had, and trust me there were quite a few, she had never actually agreed to go out with any of them, "with who?"

"See if you had actually bothered to reply to any of my texts, you would already know all this information." Zoe smirked at me, "but I suppose I can forgive you and tell you all about it if you come over to ours tonight."

"You've got a deal," I told her just as the bell rang out to let us know we were late to form, "and I've learnt my lesson, I shall always reply to your texts from now on." I called to her as I started to walk away from her, in the opposite direction to my form.

I had really been hoping to see Reuben this morning, wanting to tell him about what had happened between me and Phoenix, but with Zoe's revelation, I hadn't even thought to ask her the whereabouts of her brother.

Knowing that I was already late to form, and would most definitely face an argument if I walked in now, I choose to head to the library and sign in my attendance there instead. The halls were deathly quiet and I knew I had made the right decision. Just as I reached out to open the doors, someone tripped me, causing me to draw in a sharp breath as the wind was knocked out of me the minute I hit the floor.

"What the fuc-"

The blow was enough to cut me off mid word, as a foot connected with my side, instinctively I curled up, and put my hands over my head.