Chapter Seven- Straight For Him

I took a deep breath and knocked on the front door, silently cursing myself for letting him talk me into this.

"Why hello there." He grinned as he pulled the door open. I scowled at him and stepped into the house.

As I followed him into the living room, I took in my surroundings, it really was a beautiful house and, just like the outside, the inside was perfectly neat and well kept, you wouldn't think two teenagers lived her.

"Dylan? What are you doing here?" Zoe asked as I walked into the living room.

"Ask your brother." I told her glaring at a grinning Reuben. Zoe looked between the two of us with a look of confusion.

"She's staying for dinner." Reuben answered, telling half of the truth. I had come around for dinner, but it was more than that.

"Reu, you know tonight's friday." Zoe said slowly, as it she were explaining it to a child. Reuben just nodded in response. "Mum and dad are going to kill you when they find out you invited a friend over."

"Maybe." He shrugged and walked out of the room, leaving a confused Zoe and myself alone.

"Is he alright?" She asked me, pointing in the direction he had just left.

"I asked the exact same question earlier today." She laughed, and pulled me over to the sofa with her. I flinched involuntarily as she took hold of my right hand. She frowned and her eyes clouded over with worry as she carefully took hold of my hand and inspected it, "What happened? You didn't fight with peroxide again did you?"

I laughed ands slowly slid my hand out of Zoe's grip. "Nothing like that Zo." I reassured her, but my words did little to make her feel any better. "I took out my frustration on a wall." I admitted, she looked at me sceptically but eventually nodded her head in acceptance.

"So what did the wall do to you? Did he make an inappropriate comment?" She joked. I  laughed again at her stupid questions.

"Something like that." I muttered.

"Tell me what happened." Zoe said, obviously noticing my sudden change of mood, as my thoughts drifted to Glenn and how my parents were thinking of banning me from spending so much time with him. After today, however, it shouldn't be an issue.

I smiled at her and shook my head, "It's nothing, just a family thing."

She opened her mouth in response, but closed it at the sound of the front door being opened. Zoe stood up from the couch and called to Reuben that they're parents were home. I stood up also and straightened my clothes, praying I looked at least half decent.

"You look great, stop stressing." Zoe whispered, sending me a huge smile, as if she had just read my mind.

"Zoe's right you look beautiful Dyl." Reuben said walking over to us just as his parents walked through into the living room.

A man of around forty, who I presumed was their father, walked in first. He was tall and well built, with dark blue eyes, much like Reuben's, and wavy light brown hair. Behind him stood one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen, there was no denying that Reuben and Zoe got their good looks from her. Her hair was a gorgeous shade of blond, and her green eyes were as bold as Zoe's. She managed to look both young and classy in a suit.

They both looked at me and stopped. They're gaze immediately shifting to Zoe, annoyed expressions dominating their features.

"Hey mum, dad." Reuben smiled at them, I raised my eyebrow at him, knowing how much he claimed to detest them, yet here he was being so kind and friendly.