Chapter Six- One Crazy Plan

"Dylan will you be my girlfriend?"

I stared at Reuben like he was crazy, because he was crazy. "You've lost it Reu. You know we're both gay?" I asked him, saying each word extremely slowly.

"I know." He answered, continuing to grin like the freaking Cheshire cat. "So, is that a yes?"

I frowned at him in confusion, "I know I hit you a few times, but I never hit you on the head-"

He cut me off by chuckling, rather loudly. If I wasn't confused before, I sure as was now. What the hell was he talking about? Not only did he know I was gay he also knew I really liked Phoenix. Maybe there was something wrong with him? And why the hell was he laughing?

I tried to talk to him, but every time I opened my mouth he cut me off with his deep chuckling. I was slowly getting frustrated. "Reuben." I cried out in frustration when he still continued to laugh like a maniac.

"Right. Sorry." He cleared his throat, regaining his composure. He had stopped laughing but the amusement had yet to leave his eyes.  "So, will you?"

"Are you actually asking me that question?"

"Just think about it Dyl-"

I cut him off, "What is there to think about? I'm gay, and as far as I know you're a guy. You are a guy right?" I asked thinking that it was the only explanation.

He rolled his eyes at my question, "Yes Dylan I am a guy."

"Then you're crazy." I leant over him and opened the passenger door. "Goodbye now."

He closed the door, and turned his attention back to me frowning. "Come on. It makes a lot of sense. We're perfect for each other."

"Minus the fact we're both gay."

He sighed, "Just think. If we were to go out people would give you a break." He could tell i wasn't impressed, "Plus it might make Phoenix jealous." He added wriggling his eyebrows.

I shook my head at him, "You want us to pretend to be dating." He nodded, confirming that my statement was true, "Why?"

"I just told you-"

"No, what's in it for you?" So far he's 'plan' would only benefit me, why would he want to pretend to be something he is not? He muttered something, but I wasn't able to catch what it was. "What was that?"

"Let's just say that it would be beneficial for me."

"Beneficial how?" I questioned. He was obviously hiding something from me, and I wanted to know what it was. 

"It just would be alright." He snapped at me. I was surprised by his sudden outburst, it was something he was obviously uncomfortable talking about, deciding it was best, I didn't pursue it any further.

I cleared my throat, "No, I don't want to be your girlfriend." He might be comfortable pretending to be something he was not, but I certainly wasn't.

"But Dyl-" He protested but I cut him off.

"No buts Reuben. I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

He sighed, realising he was never going to win me around. "Just think about it Dylan okay." It wasn't a question but I answered it anyway, nodding my head in response.

He gave me his cheeky grin and left my car waving at me, as he walked up his pathway to his front door. I couldn't help but laugh as he turned around, once he had reached the door, and pulled a funny face. There was definitely a boyish charm about Reuben.