Chapter Ten- The Club

It had been over two weeks since Zoe had suggested the ridiculous idea of the three of us going to a club, and, although I had managed to convince her that we didn't go that friday, or the friday after that, she hadn't given up on the matter, especially since I had agreed and was now going back on my word.

"Please Dyl," Zoe pleaded with me as she leant her head on my shoulder from the side, "You already agreed we could go."

Moving to my left so she could no longer lean her head on me, I shook my head at her and slid down the wall of the hallway so that I was sitting with my legs outstretched just outside the door to our History room. Lunch was nearly over and the three of us were waiting for our lessons to start, and with nowhere better to go we found ourselves waiting outside Phoenix's room.

Pulling my hoody up, I sighed, "No, we're not going to a club Zo." Reuben who was sat opposite from opened his mouth to argue in agreement with his sister's idea but I cut him off, "For starters the two of you are underage."

Zoe let out a small chuckle as she too sat down on the floor to join myself and her brother, I rolled my eyes at her chuckle, knowing it meant only one thing, "That's what fake ID's are for." She told me in a tone that made me feel like she was holding back from adding a 'duh!' to the end of that sentence.

Turning to face her, I shook my head, this girl really did have an answer for everything, "I don't even want to know how you two got fake ID's, but it doesn't matter," I told them both, looking at Zoe and then at her brother, before turning back to Zoe to finish my point, "We're not going to a club and that's final."

Frowning at me, Zoe didn't say anything but leant forward and pulled my hoody down before moving my head to the left so she could at the newly formed scar on the right side of my head, by my eyebrow, from where Kim and her airhead followers had assaulted me. When I had told Zoe and Reuben what had happened that afternoon, Zoe had threatened to 'kick the living daylights' out of Kim, whilst Reuben, always the more sensible, had suggested I speak to the Head and get her excluded for it. Though there was no point, the attack would only have been blamed on me and I would have been facing exclusion for it.

Removing Zoe's hand from my chin, I pulled my hoody back up and over my head, as I turned my head to face her brother.

"I still think you should talk to Mr Wilde, tell him about everything Kim does." Reuben said to me, and although we had already had this conversation he didn't seem like he was anywhere close to dropping it and forgetting it.

"What about Miss Reed?" Zoe suggested, which only led to Reuben and I sharing a knowing look before I shook my head to tell her no. "Why not? She's the one who helped you when Kim and her idiot drones attacked you, if you told who it was then..."

She trailed off when she noticed me glaring at her, "I'm not talking to her about it."

Zoe, realising and accepting my obvious unwillingness to talk to Phoenix or our head teacher, or anyone for that matter, decided to let the subject drop, allowing me to get lost in my own thoughts. Thoughts that only concerned one women.   

Since our private conversation took place outside the sixth form library I hadn't so much as spoken to Phoenix, even during lessons she made an effort not to ask me questions, while I didn't offer any answers. Even though I was doing my best to ignore her, I couldn't help the fact I couldn't keep my eyes off her whenever I saw her, not to mention constantly wondering what if we hadn't been disturbed that day, what if we had kissed.

Knowing it was never good to think about what if's, I turned my attention to Zoe and Reuben's conversation. Listening to the two argue over which actor was better looking. It seemed that all the twins ever did was argue, just as a quick as I opened my mouth to tell them to stop their silly argument I closed it, seeing a familiar figure approach us.