Chapter Eight- Meeting The Family

---------------------------------------

Dylan's P.O.V

---------------------------------------

"Okay I think I'm going to be sick." I told Reuben pushing him out of the double doors of the schools entrance. I rubbed my lips with the back of my hand over and over, as if to wipe the feel and taste of his lips from them, "I can still feel your lips on mine." I whined walking towards the student car park, hearing Zoe's soft laughter behind me.

"Stop overreacting Dyl, it was just a few small kisses." Reuben laughed with his sister, nudging my shoulder gently. A few small kisses? Was this boy crazy? Kissing him is the equivalent of kissing Glenn, the thought caused me to shiver. If we had to keep kissing I had no idea how I was going to keep this act up, I had barely managed to make it through the day pretending to be his girlfriend.

Pulling a water bottle from out of my bag I muttered a whatever to him, before trying to wash the taste from my lips. "Could have been worse," Zoe whispered, catching up to me, "he could have used tongue." Her words caused me to choke on my water, making me cough as the liquid burned my throat. Zoe laughed as she gently rubbed my back, receiving a scowl from me as I increased my speed to catch up with her brother.

This 'plan' really wasn't one of my best ideas. Who knew agreeing to be Reuben's fake girlfriend was going to be so hard? It wasn't just hard for me either. I had seen the look of hurt, and if I wasn't mistaken, jealousy in Phoenix's eyes. Part of me had agreed to go along with Reuben's plan in order to make Phoenix jealous, I knew that for certain now, and even though I knew it was an immature thing to do, I couldn't help it. There was just something about her that I really wanted to know, and I couldn't do that if she kept pushing me away.

Falling into step with Reuben I let out a sigh. At least by this evening one reason for following through with this plan would hopefully work out in my favour. My parents would love Reuben, after all he was very charming when he wanted to be, and, most importantly, he was a guy, and not a girl. In their minds that was the most important factor, not whether the person treated me right, cared for me or maybe even loved me, no, they were more concerned about the gender of the person.

Sighing, I felt Reuben wrap his arm around my shoulders, "You okay?" He asked giving my shoulders a gentle squeeze. Was I okay? I was doing the one thing I promised myself that I would never do, pretending to be someone I wasn't, and I hated myself for doing it. But sometimes, just sometimes, pretending is the best option. I also hated the fact that all this was necessary just to spend time with my little brother, did they seriously believe that by me spending time with him that he would 'become' gay too?

No matter what their reason was for keeping me away from Glenn it didn't matter. They were right. Me being gay had caused him so much pain, emotional and now physical, but I wasn't going to cause him anymore pain, even if that meant I had to pretend to be Reuben's girlfriend until I was out of this town, then so be it.

Words seemed to have abandoned me for a few seconds as all I could respond with was a nod of my head, receiving an incredulous look from him. "I'm okay Reu," He frowned at me, "just a lot on my mind." I continued when he seemed to disapprove of my answer on its own.

"We're here for you Dyl." Zoe said, nudging my shoulder, just like her brother had done earlier as she walked next to me. I gave her a small smile, which she returned, before slipping her bag of her shoulder to search the contents of it for her car keys.

Reaching Zoe's car, Reuben turned to his sister, "Can you please hurry up and find the keys Zo, it's freezing?" It definitely wasn't a question, as he scowled at his sister and pulled his hood closer to his face.