Chapter Thirteen- What a Weird Dream

---------------------------------------

Dylan's P.O.V

---------------------------------------

"I mean it was just crazy."

Zoe told Reuben and I, as we sat in their living room. She was telling us, again, about the dream she had had friday night when she came back from the club, very drunk. Little did she know that her dream was actually reality, Rueben and I had just been working to convince her otherwise.

"Well maybe you're the one with a crush on Miss Reed and not Dylan. Hey Dyl?" Reuben said as he nudged my arm slightly, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked him, not sure what it was he wanted from me. I was too distracted at the moment to really focus on the conversation we were having. Everything that had happened yesterday with Phoenix was playing on my mind.

Phoenix had acted like she wanted something to happen between us. Her words, telling me she was my knight in shining armour, leaning in to kiss me. I hadn't read the signals wrong, so then why did she suddenly go all cold on me? Unless, she was really didn't think I was worth it. The though felt like a stab in the heart. It hurt, but the hurt was soon replaced with anger.

"You okay?" Zoe asked me, sitting up from the sofa, and moving to sit closer to me. I gave her my best attempt at a smile but I knew it wouldn't have fooled her or Reuben, the two knew me too well, and no matter how I hard I tried to pretend that I was okay, they knew otherwise.

Giving her another forced smile, I nodded my head, "Fine Zo, just a bit of a headache." I lied, standing up and grabbing my jacket from the back of the sofa. "I think I'm just gonna head home, try and sleep it off."

"You could-"

"Would you mind giving me a lift to Tesco?" Reuben asked, cutting off his sister who mostly likely was going to suggest that I stay there and try and get some sleep in either her's or Reuben's room.

Frowning at Reuben, who hurried to get up from the chair he was sitting in, he said goodbye to a confused looking Zoe, before grabbing his coat, wallet and door keys, and leaving the house.

Shaking my head at her brother, I turned to Zoe, "I'll see you at school tomorrow." I told her, and received a goodbye from her before she let out a sigh and fell back on the sofa flicking through TV programmes.

Walking out of the house, I closed the door, and made my way to my car, seeing Reuben standing there, leaning against the side of it as he waited for me. Unlocking the car, Reuben climbed into the passenger side as I walked to the drivers side and got in, turning to face Reuben before I did anything else. He didn't look at me, as he put his seatbelt on, and looked out out of the window. Again, I frowned at the boy before starting the car and driving away from the house.

"What happened with Miss Reed?" He asked me, breaking the silence.

We had been driving for the last ten minutes and in that time, neither one of us had attempted to make conversation, both choosing just to sit in silence, even though it was clear we both had things we wanted to say.

Not knowing where to start to answer his question, I let out a deep breath as my thoughts went back to yesterday, not wanting to tell him about being rejected or anything that happened yesterday, I tried to change the subject as swiftly as I could.

"Nothing really. So how come you want to go to Tesco?"

He completely ignored my question, as he repeated his own question, "What happened with Miss Reed, Dyl?"