Chapter Eleven- To The Rescue

---------------------------------------

Phoenix's P.O.V

---------------------------------------

All I could see was deep blue around me, there was no one else. Just me. The sun felt amazing as its rays hit me as I continued to swim to the rocks not far from the beach. Just as I was about to reach them I heard a buzzing sound, a chime of a bell, and it didn't stop, but the rocks, the sea, and the sun all seemed to be fading as the sound got louder.

Waking up from my dream, I realised that it was my phone ringing that had awoken me, rolling over with a groan I grabbed it off the bedside table looking at my alarm clock first. Two am. Who rang someone at two am?

Looking at the caller ID my heart picked up and I started to panic, knowing that something had to be wrong for her to call me especially at this time. Sitting up in the bed, I answered the call and pressed it to my ear with a shaking hand.

"Dylan, what's wrong? Are you okay? Has something happened?" I couldn't help the questions as they left my mouth, worry setting in, nerves making my stomach turn as I waited for her response. Anything could have happened, she could be lying in a hospital somewhere, or a street, or anywhere.

Rather than hear her talking, all I heard was lots of noise, people talking and music. Maybe she hadn't meant to call me, maybe she had accidentally dialled me. It was more than possible that that was the explanation, but I couldn't seem to force myself to believe it were true.

"Miss Reed?"

Letting out a shocked gasp I nearly let the phone drop from my hand as I recognised the voice. A voice that shouldn't call me from Dylan's phone. The lump in my throat made it nearly impossible for me to speak, yet I had a thousand questions running through my mind.

"Miss Reed, it's Dylan, she's..." He got cut off, only making me panic even more about how that sentence would end. Hearing the voices and music getting louder as they cut him off, I had to assume they were at a party of some sorts, anything could have happened to her at a party.

"Reuben where are you?" I asked him, finally finding my voice, though it was shaky, much like both my hands, as I struggled to stand up and pull on my jeans from the night before, and pull a hoody on over my head.

The background noise seemed to die down a little as I was able to hear him give me a name of a club and and where it was roughly. "I don't know what to do Miss Reed, Dylan's unconscious and I don't know where my sister is, and I can't leave Dylan to go and find and-" 

"Reuben it's okay, I'm going to be there as soon as I can." I cut off the near hysterical boy, as I grabbed my car and front door keys, and rushed out of the door, the phone still attached to my ear as I climbed in my car. "I'm going to hang up now Reuben, just stay with Dylan, make sure if she's sick to turn her on her side, and keep her as covered as possible." I told him, hoping that he would he listen to everything I said.

Responding with a weak, "Yes Miss." I hung up the phone and raced to the club which I sort of knew my way to after exploring the town Dylan had taken us to on our date.

"Stupid kids." I semi screamed as I hit my hands on the steering wheel, waiting for the lights to turn green. How could they have been so irresponsible? Dylan had most likely had her drink spiked, and Zoe could have to. What were they even doing in a club? Zoe and Reuben were both underage.

Arriving at the club, all I saw was a bunch of people standing outside, smoking, making out and generally making a lot of noise, my eyes searched for any sign of Reuben or Dylan. Not able to see them I started to panic even more, wondering if something could have happened to them. Until I saw an ambulance, around the corner from the club, pulling over, I parked my car, forgetting to lock it, as I ran to where the ambulance was parked.