Chapter Sixteen- Fairytales Don't Exist.

Hey guys, it's been a little while! I can't say it's the most interesting chapter... But I'm slowly getting back into writing this story and I have some great ideas! So I hope you enjoy!

Lying on my bed, I stared at the text book in front of me, the same text book I had aimlessly been starting at for the past hour. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't seem to focus on the words in front of me. With a loud sigh, I closed the text book and placed it on the floor, officially giving up trying to complete any work as I sprawled out on my bed. Letting my mind wander, I closed my eyes, and tried my best to relax, a task a lot easier then the previous one. It had been a week since Phoenix and I had agreed to try and give our relationship ago, and yet, somehow, it felt like we had never been so distant.

There was a gentle knocking, before my door was slowly pushed open, revealing a small, curious face.

"Can I join you, Dyl?"

Glenn kept his eyes focussed on the ground beneath him as he asked his question, he seemed a little nervous, a word I didn't usually associate with my little brother.

"Of course you can." Giving him a warm smile, I tapped the bed beside me as I moved so as to be in a seated position. He didn't think twice as he quickly made his way to the bed, jumping up on it.

"Is there something wrong, little man?" A couple of minutes had passed since he had joined me in my bedroom, but he still hasn't said a word to me, making me worry that something had happened, or that something was wrong.

With a heavy sigh, Glenn looked up at me, his little face filled with worry, "I don't want you to leave."

I couldn't have been any more confused by his confession. I hadn't once mentioned anything about leaving, I even made sure to do my best to not mention how desperate I was to get away from this town when Glenn was within earshot, as not to upset him.

"I'm not going anywhere, little man," pulling him closer to me, so I could wrap my arms around him, I squeezed him tightly, "why would you think I am?"

"I heard mum and dad talking about when you go away after school's done."

It felt wonderful to know that my parents were already planning my departure to university, it was probably the most eager they've been in years, they just couldn't wait to get rid of me. How lovely.

Letting go of Glenn, I repositioned myself so that I was facing him, taking his tiny hands in mine, before letting out a sigh, allowing myself time to think of the right words to tell him. I couldn't lie and tell him that I was never going to leave, because the truth was, I had survived the last few years, only because, I knew I would be leaving one day.

That day seemed to be approaching sooner and sooner, and as much as I couldn't wait to be free of this place, I still felt like there was so much holding me back here.

"I'm sorry you heard that buddy," He raised his tiny shoulders, shrugging at my words, "mum and dad were just talking about when I leave school, and go off to university."

"Do you have to go to university?"

"I do."

"Can't you go to university here?"

"There isn't one near here that teaches want I want to study, little man."

That technically was a lie, there were a few university's near to where we lived which offered the course I planned to study, but they weren't good university's, nor where they university's far enough away from home, to make me finally feel free and comfortable. This was just a fact I didn't plan on telling Glenn anytime soon, when he was older, then I could be completely honest with him.