Chapter Two

Demi POV

I was out for my morning run, as usual. I was running towards this bridge, and then I saw her. This girl, barely over fifteen, sitting on the edge. She had something in her hand and was sobbing. She turned around.

"Oh shit." I muttered to myself. I sprinted over to her as she was about to jump and pulled her back.

"NO! LET ME GO LET ME GO!" She sobbed. I was debating whether or not to run my fingers through her hair.

"Shh I got you it's all okay. I got you." I said as calmly as I could. I was never good at comforting. But I knew how she felt. Feeling the whole world is against her and wanting to do nothing more than end her life.

Sophie's POV

"Shh I got you it's all okay. I got you." She told me. I knew that voice better than any other in my life. I looked up and saw it was the one and only Demi Lovato. I sobbed harder.

"No I'm not supposed to meet my idol like this." I said. I wiggled out of her grasp and ran. Ran as fast as I could. Wait, why the hell am I running away from Demi Lovato!?

Demi's POV

She got out of my grip and ran. Oh no you don't. I got off my knees and ran after her. I caught up to her and wrapped my arms around her. She was shaking and out of breath.

"Please just let me end my life. I deserve it. No one likes me." She begged

"Listen to me. You are not hated. If no one loves you then I do. I love you. Please don't end your life. You have a whole life ahead of you. I'm going to help you through this...What's your name sweetie?"

"Soph-Sophie." She stuttered

"We'll get through this together Sophie. I promise you that. Want to come back to my house and I will help you?" I asked

She nodded

"Okay-" she passed out.

"Shit." I said.

I picked her up and started walking towards my house. She was light. Lighter than any other fourteen year old girl that I know of. I walked home and saw Marissa sprawled out on the couch.

"Mar, can you help me? I'll explain later." I ask as she ran over to me and opened the bedroom door for me. I placed Sophie on the bed and put a cover over her.

"Marissa, can you watch her as I call a doctor? She passed out." I asked. She nodded.

Sophie's POV

I opened my eyes and the light blinded me like daggers in my eyes.

"Crap." I said while putting my now throbbing head into my hands.

"Hey Soph you okay?" A voice asked. I looked up and saw Demi Lovato. Where the hell am I?

"Yeah I guess I'm fine, what happened?" I asked utterly confused

"You passed out from starvation. They say you haven eaten in about a week. Is that true babe?" She asked with a worried tone.

I looked down at my fingernails and picked at the mint green nail polish that was painted on them.

"No." I muttered. I hate lying to people. I absolutely hate it. And since it's my idol I feel five times more awful.

"I'm gonna help you through this honey, I promise." She says. I feel wet tears roll down my cheek. Her thumb sweeps across my cheek.

"I promise." She adds hugging me.