Chapter Eighteen

Chapter 18

Sophie's POV

I woke up with a pounding migraine. Ugh. I hate migraines. I always puke my god damn guts out when I get them. I snuck out for bed and walked into the kitchen looking for some excedrin to calm this motherfucker down. I got blinded by the kitchen light. Marissa was here!

"Hey Marissa!" I said hugging her even though my head protested

"Hey Soph. How're you doing?" She asked

"Just looking for something to calm down my damn migraine." I said walking to the medicine cabinet. I opened it and nothing was there. Oh shit.

"Do you, by any chance, have Excedrin or Advil on you?" I asked her. She shook her head. God dammit.

"Sorry Soph. I can run out and buy you some." She said grabbing her keys

"No it's alright. Thanks Mariss." I said. That's my new nickname for her. Demi walked in the kitchen looking exhausted.

"Morning Mar, morning Soph." She said trotting into the kitchen.

"Morning Dem." we said simultaneously. This mother fucking migraine hurts so bad right now. I put my head in my hands.

"You alright Soph?" Dem asked

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a little headache that's all." I said lying. This isn't a little headache. It feels like someone is drilling into my skull.

"I can go get meds. Seriously Soph." Marissa said

"It's alright." I said walking out of the kitchen and into the living room. Leaving Demi and Marissa alone so they could talk. It's about time Demi had some alone time. I'm always on her ass about everything. I'm pretty annoying.

Demi's POV

"I missed you 'Rissa." I said hugging her.

"Missed you too Dems." She said.

"Wanna do something today? With or without Sophie." I said. Sophie's old enough to stay home alone. But maybe not stable enough.

"Ooohhh let's go to the beach!" She said. I like that idea.

"Want Soph to come or no?" I ask

"Sure. I love her." Marissa said.

"Soph come in here please." I yelled out to her. She walked into the kitchen.

"Wanna come to the beach with us today. Just for a day out of the house?" I ask.

"Okay." She said. We all packed our stuff for the beach and hopped into my car. We drove to the beach.

When we got there there was no one there. Considering it was my private beach though so I wasn't expecting anyone to go.

Sophie's POV

I was ecstatic to come to the beach today. I love the beach. I took my cover up off and lied down on my towel to sun tan. Well. That's when I felt two arms grab my arms and two arms grab my legs. I'm screwed. Dem and Marissa carried me out to the ocean and threw me in. No way. I'm getting them back right now. I say up in the water and saw Demi and Marissa smirking at me. That's it. I splashed them and they both were drenched when I was done. Score. I got out of the water and lied back down on my towel to tan. My migraine still hasn't gone away and I feel like I'm gonna puke.

"Dem I'm just gonna go use the restroom okay?" I ask. Not telling her that I was definitely gonna puke. I ran up to the bathroom and spilled my guts out in the toilet. I cleaned up my face and my hair and walked back down. I reeked of vomit. Okay. I think I should just run into the ocean and get this smell off of me. That's what I'm gonna do.

"Soph you okay?" Demi asked walking towards me.

"Yeah just hot." I said running off towards the ocean. I dove in feeling relaxed. We pretty much spent the whole day here

"Hey Soph let's head back home and we can make s'mores and stuff." Marissa said. I nodded. We got home and I threw on Soffe shorts and a tank top and walked out. Yes. I was wearing slut attire but it is 90 degrees out. We walked outside and Demi started a campfire. We sat around and just talked about everything. I could tell Demi really missed Marissa and I was happy she was having a great time. I made one s'more and ate it. I like not being the center of Demi's attention. I took out my phone and took a picture and tweeted

@sophielovato: Beach day all day. S'mores and stories all night. Life is good. I love you guys :) @m_callahan @ddlovato

I got instant retweets and favorites. And some hate of course. I haven't really fully learned how to ignore it. So it still hurts. I locked my phone and just enjoyed each others company. Today was great.