Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Demi's POV

I walked to my car with Sophie trying to figure out what to say to my fans about her. Should I just come out and say 'Hey guys Demi here and this is Sophie and I'm her legal guardian?!' No I can't just do that to her. What is they send her hate? Cause her to cut. I need to take her blades away. I bit my bottom lip trying to think of the situation I'm in. I know my mom, Dallas and Maddie will be supportive of my decision. But what about my 15 Million fans?

"Demi what if they don't like me? What if I cause your career to go downhill. Just bring me back to my home. I don't want you to lose your job because of me. I'm worthless and you deserve better. Just drop me off and my house and I'll live by myself." Sophie said looking down. I looked over at her and grabbed her hand. Thank god I can drive with one hand.

"You listen to me Sophie. You are NOT worthless. I do deserve you. I am NEVER EVER going to leave you and drop you off at your OLD home. This is your home now. With me. If I lose my job I will do a solo career which I doubt will happen. Soph you are in my life now and there's no way that you are leaving. And my fans will love you because I love you." I said rubbing her little hand. The fact that she's thirteen strikes me. She looks like she's eight. She was silent. I looked over at her and saw her face in her hand and she was quietly sobbing.

"Baby girl. I love you okay? Nothing is going to happen to you. I will not let anyone do anything to you." I said pulling up my driveway. Sophie pulled herself together and walked out of the car. I ran to the other side and grasped her in my arms. We walked into the house and I kicked off my heels and walked over to my laptop.

"Lets do a TwitCam babe." I said pulling her over towards the laptop. I logged onto twitter and started a TwitCam.

"Hey guys! Demi here." I said smiling at the camera. I already had 10,000 viewers.

"I need to tell you guys something." I said looking at the comments. They said

'What's wrong?'

'Did you relapse?' Okay umm

'Do you have a boyfriend?!'

"No guys haha. I need you to meet someone who is in my life now. Her name is Sophie and I'm her legal guardian. I'm not going to say how it happened and how we met but now she's in my life. I would love it if you guys supported her." I said waving for Sophie to come. As usual there were haters. Sophie's eyes grew and watered up.

"Don't listen to them baby girl. They're just jealous." I said.

Sophie's POV

'Ew no get out of Demi's life #Youarentwelcome'

'How could Demi adopt such a fat slut?'

'#lovaticshatesophie.'

'GO BACK TO YOUR OLD FAMILY' that one stung. I tried reading some positive tweets but the negatives out numbered them. I quickly ran off to the bathroom grabbing my phone in time and locked myself in there.

"Do you see what you guys do?! She was perfectly fine. Why do you hate? I taught you guys that bullying is wrong. I'm so disappointed in you." I heard Demi said then a laptop slam shut. I heard quick footsteps by the bathroom door then the doorknob jiggle.

"Baby please open up." Demi begged

TRIGGERING

I quickly grabbed my blade and it dropped on the floor. Shit.

Demi's POV (I am going to be changing point of views a lot in this chapter jus sayin)

I heard metal hit the ground. No no Sophie please stay strong.

"Please baby please. Stay strong for me." I cried trying to force the door open. I heard muffled sobs coming from the other end of the door. The fact that my baby is behind the door probably harming herself makes my want to tear the house down just to save her from harming herself.

Sophie's POV

I slowly dragged the blade over my wrist once. Should I be doing this? My iPhone buzzed and it was a twitter mention. It was more hate. I picked up my phone and reluctantly read through all the hate. I should stop but my eyes are glued to the screen. There we trends about me. They were trending worldwide they were '#lovaticshatesophie #sophieisntwelcome #sophwhoregobackhome.

I sobbed and cut my wrist again as I read on and on. I cut a few more times then went over to the toilet and shoved two fingers down my throat forcing myself to throw up my fruit salad and pancake. I finished but forced myself again. All that came out was blood. I leaned back on the wall and brought my knees to my chest and just sobbed. Demi kept banging the door but I wasn't moving just yet.

Demi's POV

I'm crying now. I can't do anything for my baby right now and she's probably harmed herself by now. I just want to rip the door off of the hinges and just wrap her in my arms and never let her go. I looked through my hair for a bobby pin. I found one. Thank god. I dropped to my knees and shoved the bobby pin in the lock and wiggled it around. I only have done this once and the first time I did this the bobby pin nearly broke. I almost stopped breathing when I heard the lock unlock. I opened the door and felt like I was gonna pass out from relief. Then the sight I saw before me broke my heart. Sophie was all bloody with her back against a wall sobbing into her hands. I sprinted forward towards her and picked up her shaking body and brought her to my-our bed. I lied her down and put blankets over her. I then grabbed my phone and tweeted:

@ddlovato: I thought I could trust you guys. I'm so utterly disappointed. I'm sorry to the supportive fans but I'm taking a break from twitter...'

I posted it and then put my arms around Sophie. She curled into me and snored lightly. She had tear stains on her face and tears rolling down her face. I rubbed them off her face and played with her hair. She's emotionally exhausted and deserves the best for her. She cuddled into me and sighed.

"I'm sorry I'm putting you through so much of my shit. I'm such a drama queen." She said looking up at me with her beautiful eyes drowning in tears.

"Soph you aren't putting me through anything. I'm here to show you love and help you. I'm never gonna give up on you." I said rubbing away her tears. She finally fell asleep in my arms. I wasn't gonna go to sleep just in case she wakes up and needs me. I took out my phone and decided to call my mom. The phone rang three times before I heard that familiar voice

"Hey Dem how are you?" My mom asked

"Good, mom I need to tell you something important. It isn't bad trust me." I said

"And what is it?" She asked

"Well the other day I went for a run and I was by a bridge by my house and I saw this girl sitting on the edge. She was about to kill herself and I saved her. Now I've gotten to know her better and I've grown emotionally attached. She came from an abusive home and her mom and boyfriend are in jail and her dad is dead. Well I kinda got full custody of her and now I'm her legal guardian." I said nervous for her answer

"I'm proud if you Demi." She said. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. A weight just got taken off my shoulders.

"So you agree with what I did?" I ask

"Yes. I support your decision and I'm so proud of you. You are turning into an amazing young lady." She said

"Thanks mom. You're gonna meet Sophie tomorrow alright?" I asked

"Okay love you!" She said

"Love you too bye." I hung up and saw Sophie was awake.

"Hey." She said

"Do you want to talk about what happened before?" I asked. She shook her head. I understand completely.

"Tomorrow you're gonna meet my family. They're excited to meet you." I said with a smile plastered on my face. She jumped up in excitement and started jumping on the bed. I joined her. Yes I'm almost 21 and I'm jumping on the bed. Who wouldn't be?! I have the best family ever. I'm excited for them to meet Sophie too.