Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter 34

Sophie's POV

"Hey Dem I'm gonna take a walk up the street for some iced coffee. What do you want?" I asked her

"Um just a large iced coffee please. An take my money." She said handing me a twenty.

I walked out of the bus and started walking to Starbucks. I ordered two large iced coffees and walked out.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Kaylee snickered. Oh fuck.

"You think just cause you moved away and don't go to school anymore means you can escape from us?" Lori, her follower, laughed.

I tried walking away but they pulled my hair back. I winced in pain. They pushed me to the ground. They started kicking my abdomen and stomach. I dropped mine and Demi's iced coffee and protected myself from the relentless blows they were throwing at me. They stepped on my ribs. All there weight on my frail ribs. I screamed out in pain and curled up. They wouldn't stop kicking me and then they punched me in the face. They got up and ran away. I tried sitting up but a squeal of pain came out of my mouth. How the hell am I getting to the bus. My eyelids became heavy. I blacked out.

Demi's POV

Okay so Sophie left a half hour ago and she's still not back. I'm gonna go out.

"Max! Can you come with me to see if Sophie's alright?" I asked. He nodded. We walked out of the bus and and walked towards Starbucks. Oh no. I ran over to Sophie's bruised up and bleeding body.

What the hell happened?

"Sophie. Baby girl. You're okay. I'm calling an ambulance." I shakily said rubbing her bruised cheek.

I dialed the phone.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"My daughter is bleeding really badly an she was just beaten up. Can you send an ambulance. We are by the Starbucks in Seattle, Washington."

"Yes. They are on their way." The operator said hanging up the phone. I took a deep breath and looked at the broken Sophie in my hands. The ambulance came and picked her up and took her to the hospital. They took her to the emergency room and the surgery room. I waited in the waiting room.

2 hours later.

"Miss Lovato?" A nurse said.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Sophie Lovato is in her room. She had five broken ribs and we had to stitch up a cut on her face. Also her leg is broken." The nurse said. My poor baby.

"Okay thanks." I said walking into Sophie's room.

"H-hey Dem." Sophie said weakly.

"Hey babygirl. How you feelin'?" I asked.

"I feel b-better." She lied. I knew it.

"Baby don't lie. It's okay if you don't feel good. You're broken." I said walking over and grabbing her arm.

"It hurts." She whimpered. I kissed her forehead.

"We can leave whenever you want to. I have your painkillers." I said.

"Can we leave now? I hate hospitals." She said.

"Sure baby. Take your pills. You'll feel better." I said handing her pills and a water bottle. She took it.

"I'll get the doctor." I said walking out.

"Doctor? Can you give Sophie a wheelchair? She ready to go now." I said

"Sure." The doctor said getting a wheelchair.

I walked back into the room.

Sophie's POV

"Hey baby. I need to lift you and get you in the wheelchair." Demi said. I nodded. She lifted me and tears rimmed my eyes. This hurt so much.

"Dem what's wrong with me?" I asked

"Well you have five broken ribs. A stitched face. And a broken leg." I said.

"The bitch got me this time." I mumbled to myself.

"Who?" She asked

"Kaylee." I said. She gasped.

"Please Stop Dems. I just wanna go to the bus we can talk all you want on the bus." I said. She nodded.

She put me in the wheelchair and wheeled me out. We got into an SUV and drove to the bus. Finally. Home. Demi lifted my body up and placed me in the bed. This hurt so badly. I bit my lip to keep myself from screaming.

It's like 8pm. What am I doing in bed. I got up even though my whole body protested. I hopped on my unbroken leg and went down the three stairs that were on the tour bus.

"Dem?" I asked. She ran to me and picked me up.

"Why are you up? Your leg and ribs are broken?" She asked.

"I was bored." I said.

"Well baby. You're goin to bed because you need to get better. And aren't you in pain?" I asked

"I'm in tremendous pain. You don't understand. But I ignored it." I said

"You need to get better. And you need crutches." Demi said walking up stairs and putting me in the bed gently.

"Here." She said handing me the remote to the TV.

"Can you stay with me?" I asked

"Anything for you baby." She said getting in bed. I hugged her waist and lied my head on her chest. She rubbed my ribs gently. It actually felt so good.

Like actually so good. I sighed and closed my eyes and let her massage my ribs.

"Dem that feels so good." I said. She smiled and did it more.

I snuggled into her. Even though my ribs were jabbing me and my my leg was pretty much on fire. I quietly whimpered and brought my hand to my abdomen and hissed through gritted teeth and tears gathered my eyes.

"Baby you need painkillers." Demi said grabbing her purse and giving me two pills. I took them and closed my eyes and fell asleep.

"Night Dem. love you."

"Love you more." Demi said kissing my forehead and wrapping me gently in her arms.

Today was eventful.

A/N HEY. So I'm sick :(((( stomach virus and I haven't eaten in like three days and stuff. Ugh it's so bad. But thanks for all the support and comments and reads and votes and everything. Love you 😘😘