Chapter Twenty Two

Sophie's POV

Today Demi's parents were having a party. I'm excited. I put on a white laced dress and some sandals and a jean jacket. I loosely curled my hair and put on light make up and slipped bracelets on and walked downstairs. I looked in the mirror. I could say I looked decent. I'm not beautiful in anyway but I looked good.

"Oh my god Sophie you look amazing." Demi said walking into the room. Se looked breathtaking, as usual. No wonder why I look like a freaking donkey. She makes me look like a potato. I put in hoop earrings and we walked outside.

We got into Demi's car and drove off. We got to her parents house and I was immediately greeted by a hug from Demi's mom. Maddie walked in and hugged me too.

"Hey guys." I said hugging them back.

"So today our family is coming over and we need help cooking. So Demi and Sophie you can set the table and Maddie can help me cook." Demi's mom said. We all nodded and started helping. I grabbed plates and Demi grabbed forks and knives and we put them down.

When we were finished we all went outside and sat on the patio outside. I sat in between Demi and Dallas. I put my head on Demi's shoulder and closed my eyes for a second taking in on what is happening in front of me. I am surrounded by my family and I love them. A year ago I wouldn't be able to say this. I would have probably been beaten to death by now. Demi saw that I was in deep thought and said.

"What's goin on in that little mind of yours babe?" She said

"Just appreciating what I have." I said hugging her.

"You deserve this." She said.

"Hey guys wanna play truth or dare?" Maddie asked the whole table.

"Sure." We all said.

"Okay I'll start Demi truth or dare?" Maddie asked

"Truth." She said

"What did you think of Sophie when you first met her?" She asked

"I thought she was this sweet loving girl who deserved what's best for her. Which is what she is getting right now." She said rubbing my head. I smile lightly and Demi said

"Sophie truth or dare."

"Dare." I said

"I dare you to......eat a spoonful of peanutbutter." She said. Alright. I got up and ran to the kitchen and grabbed the peanut butter and a spoon and ran back outside. I dug into the jar and took some out and put it in my mouth. Okay eww.

"Dallas truth or dare." I said swallowing the remaining peanut butter.

"Truth." She said

"If all of us were falling off of a cliff who would you save?"

"Maddie duh." She said chuckling. We all gave her death glares.

"Dinners ready kids!" Dianna said

"All have you know in almost 21 and own a child." Demi said

We walked into the kitchen serving ourselves. I just got a tiny piece of steak and a salad. I sat down and Demi sat across from me. She kicked my leg and I looked up at her. She gave me that 'eat everything' look.

I ate half of the steak and a quarter of the salad before standing up and throwing everything out. All I wanted to do was purge but I had to control myself. Everyone finished their dinner and Demi was staring at me. I'm such a burden on her.

"Go to my old room." She told me. I nodded. I walked up the stairs and went into her old room and sat on the bed. I fidgeted with my bracelets and crossed and uncrossed my ankles nervously. Demi walked in and sat next to me.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey." I said looking down at my unchipped black nail polish.

"What's wrong babygirl?" We asked brushing hair out of my face.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I said

"Really? You barely ate anything and now I can tell you're holding yourself back from purging." She said.

I bit my lip and looked up into her eyes.

"I can't stop these voices." I said.

"I know baby I know. It's hard. Whenever you hear the voices come to me. Talk to me. I'm always there for you. You can't get through this yourself. I can help you through this. I know exactly how you feel and I know how to overcome it. It takes time and isn't easy but it's worth it baby." She said hugging me.

"Why are you so perfect?" I laughed

"The wise Hannah Montana once said nobody's perfect honey." She said. I giggled.

"Well she obviously didn't meet you." I said grabbing her hand and walking downstairs.

"Bye mom, Maddie, Dallas, and Eddie. We have to go home now." Demi called out.

"Bye guys!" They said hugging us both. We left the house and drove home.

SOPHIE'S OUTFIT

http://wanelo.com/p/2808949/layla-lace-dress-white?wr=isp

http://wanelo.com/p/7007655/leather-rhinestone-czech-thongs-sandals?wr=

http://wanelo.com/p/3834842/crochet-back-denim-shirt-shop-just-arrived-at-wet-seal?wr=isp