Chapter 1

Aurora Atticus's POV

Unknowingly, I had spent one week working with the man rumoured to be ruthless. At first it intimidates me, but fortunately, it isn't anything like that. He is just ruthless when it comes to business meeting and discussing about deals. Sure, he is aggressive but he knows exactly what he wants. Besides, aren't all leaders the same? Someone confident, and hardworking. I've seen him clinched several deals smoothly and effectively. It's a trait to be admired. Well, i guess that is why 'rumours' are just rumours.

"Aurora," -His voice interrupted my thoughts. He towered over me, having just return from the meeting. According to him, it was a simple follow-up to sign the contract hence i wasn't needed. "Come into my office, now" -He instructed and i nodded, obediently following behind him.

He placed a box of cake and a cup of coffee in front of me. "Sit" -He ordered, i did as told. "I hope you like cheesecake and Vanilla cream Frappuccino" -He handed me a fork.

"Mr. Axton, I-"

"If you're thinking of eating this later, then no. Eat this now, Aurora. This is an order. I know you skipped your lunch, again." -His raised his brows. "I admire a competent woman. But please rest when you should" -He advised and stared right into my eyes. He's been doing a lot of that.

"A little, then" -I humbly took a bite then took a sip out of the drink.

His glanced on me and i looked at him blankly.

"Do you girls always do this whenever there's whipped cream involved?" -He asked.

What? My eyebrows furrowed.

"Two options: 1) Get the napkins and wipe your lips or 2) i will lick it off for you" -His eyes dark. By now, I am already used to his taunts and teasings. He never really do it onto me anyway.

The sudden realisation hits me. There's probably the cream on the corner of my lips. I quickly licked them off with my tongue, While his eyes continued to stare at my lips. Again, with the staring.

"I'll get back to work now, Mr. Axton" -I informed, after i'd spent 15 minutes in his office finishing up the cake and coffee. "Thank you for -"

"Aurora. I think i have made it clear to you many times that you are to call me Aomine" -He speaks, as he put his hands on his pockets. Like a boss. Well, he is the boss. My mind reminded.

"You can go home now. Any other works will have to be done on Monday" -He ordered, giving me no chance to rebut at all.

I never could understand him and his mind.

********

"Aurora! Honey, could you deliver these finger foods to the customers by the pool please? Table no. 39" -Auntie Catherine called and i immediately took over.

My life revolves around working.

Monday through Friday, i'm a PA to Mr. Aomine Axton for Axton Inc. On Saturdays, i work at Arkham resort & hotel as a part-time waitress. To connect it simply, Axton Inc. is the parent company to the luxury hotel chain- The Arkham resort & hotels around the world.

No, I don't have any issues with being poor or desperate for money. I simply work, to save up for my future. With the economy growing each day, it's important to have savings. Besides, I can't always rely on my older brother financially.

I thread carefully through the slippery floor to get to table side pool no. 39; which is located all the way at the other end. With kids who are actively running around the pool, it's quite a task to balance these, along with the 3.0" heels i'm wearing.

Table no. 37... Table no. 38.... A rounded corner and...

Two kids suddenly shrieked at the top of their lungs, running head-on towards me. Reflexively, I changed my balance and shift to the left to avoid colliding onto them, but my heels slipped on a puddle of water and i slipped. Trays and those beautifully fried calamari rings flew mid-air, before gravity pulled them back like it was raining calamari.

I crouched to pick them up, before another kid decided to bump into me and i gracefully fell into the pool. I coughed the water out after my head is out of the pool. I made my way to the nearest pool ladder and made my way out. Drenched, i pick up the last few pieces of the strewn over calamari rings before making my way to table no. 39.

The two men sat on the pool loungers looking at my disheveled shelf, their eyes kept travelling to my body. "Sir, I am very sorry to have caused a delay in delivering your orders promptly to you. I will-"

My sentence cut-off by Aomine Axton as he pulled me up and man-handled me over to his shoulder. Before i could even rationalise the whole situation, i was brought away by him.

"Mr. Axton-" -I tried wriggling out of him but he slapped my butt in the process whenever i tried.

What is he doing? My mind panicked.

He took the elevator up and took out his card key before scanning it to the suite room. He put me down. "W-what are you doing?" -I asked, mortified by his sudden abrupt actions.

With seething eyes, his face hardened and his lips formed into a thin line.

He suddenly threw me a towel as i stood there confused at his actions.

"Showing them those seductive sight" -He trailed, his eyes pierced onto mine, "Are you out of your mind?!" -He scowled. I've never seen him this way before and it intimidated me, really.

"What are you talking-"

"Do you want to change by yourself or would you like me to help you strip instead?" -He questioned with such intensity, such demand as he slowly made his way to me.

I suddenly grew conscious of my body before i understood what he meant. I looked down at my attire. The white shirt already see-through, leaving a sight of my black classic lace bra.

Embarrassment took over me immediately as i covered my chest with the towel he threw to me.

"You don't even realise" -He muttered, "How defenceless you are" -He sighed angrily.

"I'm sorry, and thank you for-"

"Listen" -He ordered, cutting me off, again.

"I'm not okay with it" -He stated, "I'm not okay with them looking at you that way"

I stood there silently.

What do i even reply to that?

I don't even know.

********

a/n

Woah, never expect my prologue chapter to gain 15 votes in just a few days' time. Thank you for reading everyone and i hope you will enjoy this chapter.

+15 votes for another chapter! xx