Chapter 34

Aomine Axton's POV

The bell rang about fifteen minutes after Aurora had left, which leaves me to wonder if she had decided to come back here- I mean, no complains. I would really love it.

But standing there wasn't Aurora to my disappointment. It is Scarlett.

"Have you read my message?" She burst her way in and made herself at home. "Aomine, you got to help Zed" She said, almost pleading.

"Explain yourself" I tucked my hands in my pocket, all ready to listen. 

"He... His camp site... The government wants to reclaim that land to build some stupid buildings there for the future of the economy, they said" She rolled her eyes, "And, Zed, he's heavily affected by this. The camp site is his bread and butter and...." She started sobbing.

"I thought that piece of land has been bought by Zed" I thought.

"No, that land is still the government's. Zed wanted to bought it, but he didn't have enough cash for it. He paid deposit and-"

"I get it" I said. Knowing exactly what I have to do.  I know Red. She blabbers if she's worried. Especially if it concerns Zed. Afterall, Zed is her first love. Or should I say crush?

Red was never the popular girl during high school. She was constantly bullied by the girls because she had natural beauty. She wasn't the go-all-over-boys kind of girl. She sticks to herself. Ate by herself. Walk by herself. She didn't offend anyone but girls... it's scary how they can use the ultimate weapon God has given to them-- the mouth-- to talk bad things about her. Red knew about it. She knew what they said about her. But she ignored them, took it all in and stood strong. Until one day she couldn't and burst out crying-- in that cubicle after all the lessons had ended.

Zed and I thought the girls toilet were haunted at first, but one day we decided to braved ourselves and check it out. To find out that Red was there crying. Zed -- being the kind hearted one-- offered her tissue. Then from there on, Red was interested in him. 

So many years had passed, and this girl is still in love with him. Even though Zed had rejected her countless time. Even up until today, her feelings still never wavers away from him. But I never knew the reason why Zed won't even give her the chance. 

I look at her who sobs now. She didn't have to-- it doesn't affect her. Zed wouldn't know what she did for him. But she still does it. "Red, I know what to do. So ease your mind" I comforted.

"Aomine, thank you" She whispered quietly. "And...." She trailed.

"Are you and Aurora together?" She asked. "Last night, I saw Aura stormed out of Zed's house... and you came to fetch her. I saw you two... kissed" She paused, "Aomine, you do know that Aura is Zed's girlfriend right? Do you know angry I was when I saw that scene? Zed was inside the house after you guys left trying to figure out what to do with his business. Pacing up and down the room making plenty of calls to god knows who!" She flared, "I couldn't even bring myself to ring his damn doorbell and make him feel better. I couldn't even... be there for him. Even if I wanted to" 

She sobs. Woah, girls are scary sometimes. What is this thing with talking calmly, then rage and sob?

"I had to know about this situation after I make some calls to my acquaintance who was in the property sector" She explained.

"Red, you need to calm down"

"No! You don't just tell a girl who's pissed off to calm down" She argued. "He's your best friend Aomine. Your fucking best friend! And you fucked with your own best friend's girl?! Are you out of your mind?!" She scolded.