Chapter 20

Aurora Atticus's POV

"This used to be a guest room. It's yours now" Aomine opened the door and I went mute, wordless for a second. Taking in the interior design, a sleek beige coloured room accompanied with a white wooden four poster bed with fairy lights hung all round the room. A study desk stood right at the corner with another massive wardrobe next to it. My eyes travelled taking everything in-- It would take forever for me to earn this much and get a room this close to a fairytale. My eyes took notice of another door right next to it. "That's the bathroom" Aomine informed, as if he could read my mind.

"Get yourself some rest. Your stuffs will be delivered later" Aomine said and starts walking off. But pauses in the door way for a moment. "My room is just right beside, call me if you need anything" He said, turned and walked away. 

Right... for a moment I almost forgot why he sounded so cold to me. 

I laid on my bed for a few minutes before I turned extremely restless. I felt bad for staying over in someone else's house without helping or contributing to anything at all. Besides, my stuffs are not delivered yet. I have time in my hands. In such a massive house, surely, there's at least one chore left undone. Right?

I made my way to his room and knocked on the door. There was no answer. Is he asleep? Should I turn back now? I mean, I would want to put a distance between us too. I was about to knock again when the door suddenly opens to a half naked Aomine; with only a towel covering his bottom torso. His upper torso left exposed there-- raw, and entirely for my eyes to see. It was the best sight ever. 

.... I did not just- 

'You're secretly a horn dog aren't you Aurora?' My mind teases me. 

My face flushed to red in embarrassment instantly as I tried to look away. Don't look... Don't look.... "I take it as an approval from you" He smirk. I looked at him confused. Approve what? "So," He started and took this chance to pull me into his room and closed the door behind us. "What was so important that you have to come knocking on a man's door?" He questioned. 

My eyes... They won't kept straight on his face. My eyes somehow, have the urge to travel down his body and- oh my gosh. Aurora, get a grip of yourself.

"I was- I was just curious if there is any chores for me to do? I mean I feel bad that I have to stay here and be a freeloader" I said, trying to compose myself.

"There isn't any. Philip and his team has done their work" He said, referring to his Butler.

"Not even a leftover spoon in the sink or perhaps...." I raked my brains. What else is there to do in this big house? "Maybe towels that you've worn that needs to be washed or-" I rambled on and immediately stop to cover my mouth upon realising what I have just said. 

He laughed, "No, I mean, that's not what I was trying to say. I mean-" I tried finding the right words but my mind went blank. "Why do you want to wash  towel that's been worn by me?" He smirk again. Is he teasing me again? I kept my silent. Why am I always in this predicament? I grew embarrassed but at the back of my mind, I thought to myself not to enjoy his teasings. Because then he will push me away again. 

My face turned serious and I think he picked that up quickly before he regained his composure. "There's really nothing for you to do so just rest, Aurora. Call your brother, I'm sure he will be worried when he hears about this" He advised and led me out.

He is right though, my brother would be worried if he knew about this. Hell, I'm thinking of mad too. He has always been protective, and a good brother to me. He would never let me come to any harm and ever since our parents died, he made it his job to protect me-- even if he's far away from me. I could never be anymore thankful I already am.