Chapter 35

Aurora Atticus's POV

I sucked in a shaky breath, feeling my throat constrict. My hands sweaty and it seems like I have lost the ability to speak, or do anything. I stood blankly outside his house-- nervous and at the same time determined to end things with him. Though my mind are battling within itself-- if this will be the right decision to make, if I will miss him-- and that thought alone drives me mad so badly. Whatever happens to the talks I had with my mother when she was still alive; about being faithful to only one guy? Whatever happens to loving just one man; the first love, and make it last forever?

Bullshit. That's what it is.

Reality is never that easy. Reality is always more complicated than stories. 

The door opened suddenly, catching me off guard. How did he know that I was here right outside his house? I didn't even press the doorbell yet. No, In fact, I couldn't even press the doorbell because my hands were all clammy.

"Aurora?" He asked, looking at yours truly whose face just turned white from facing the terror-- the man-- whom I have to end things off. I scowled internally. Seriously, Aura. This is what you get for being too-

"Are you coming in?" He looks at me, bemused. I am not even surprised that I am turning mute now. Though, I nodded and managed to drag my feet off to walk to his living room. Immediately, he took me by the waist and gave me a tight warm hug that instantly made me melt. He always had the ability to do so. But no, this isn't what I came here for.

I lightly pushed him away, as he looks at me with those eyes-- confused.

"Aomine..." I started, my voice shaking from the nervousness. "We..." I tried.

Oh gosh, I can't do this. Why am I even here? How can I even say it? Oh, no. Don't you dare back off now Aura. You decided to be the lil horny one so woman up and say it out loud. I took a deep, sharp intake of breath. "That night. It was a mistake" I finally said it.

His face dropped, almost disappointed and bewildered. He looked at me straight in the eyes.

"What do you mean?" He asked, his voice husky.

"We shouldn't.... I mean, what happened between us that night. It shouldn't have happened" I felt a lump in my throat as I tried to get my message across. Aomine went completely silent and led out a small laugh, "Aurora, you are kidding, right?" He looked at me, "Tell me. Say something"

"No!" I shouted out of frustration. Why is this taking so long? This conversation isn't going how it should've been. This isn't what I planned and this feeling isn't supposed to be happening. Why is my face and body heating up? Why does it hurt to make the decision to end it? Why does it affect me when I am already with Zed? I don't... I can't understand all these emotions. But I have to make him understand.

"I am still with Zed..." I looked down and confessed. "I- that night, I made that mistake. I hurt him. He didn't. I wasn't being understandi-"

He scoffed, cutting me off. "A mistake?" He looked away, "What happened that night was just a fucking mistake to you?" He emphasised.

It wasn't.

I nodded. Go through this. "And Zed should never know about this. It would kill him to know-"

"And it won't kill me?" He glared. "Have you never thought about how I would feel?" He flared up. "Don't you love me? Did it mean nothing to you at all?" He asked.

I love him. It means something to me. But Zed... I can't do this to him. The guilt is killing me.

"I am sorry"

"That's not what I asked" He rebutted. 

"Stop forcing me to answer your question!" I snapped.

I need to end this. I need to go. I can't stay here for another minute. It shouldn't be this hard to face him, it shouldn't be this hard to end things. I turn away and decided to leave.

"Don't go, Aurora... please" He said. "Don't... Don't leave me" Almost, begging.

I wince at his words. A part of me just wants to run and hug him, to comfort him. But my head is rebelling against my heart. And right now. No words in the medical book could explain the pain in my chest. Nothing could. If only things were as scientific as it should be... 

"There's... There's nothing for me here" I said.

He looked at me, dumb-founded at the words I just spoke. He sneered, "Eventually, you're just the same as my dad" He said, and I understood how much it hurts him. "Leave then" He spoke quietly and slammed the door behind me. 

I squat by his porch and led out the tears I've been trying to hold. The feeling of guilt, abandonment, everything and all of it eating me at the same time. The moment he turned his back on me was when I felt like he had given up. And it actually hurts this much...

"What have I done?" I asked myself and covered my face.

************

Two weeks passed by quickly. I was happy with the time I spent with Zed. He's attentive, kind, faithful, funny, loving and caring. What more could a girl ask for?.... My mind drifted to how Aomine would tease me, irritates me and-

No, wait. This isn't right. I shouldn't be thinking about him. It's over.

I am with Zed. Focus on Zed. He's happy with me. He has been very happy whenever he is with me. And that is enough for me.

I get rid of all the thoughts running through my head and focused on today. For my brother, Hykal who had came back yesterday night to visit me for a short period of time.  Though, the reason why he stayed in Aomine's hotel is still a mystery. I don't even know why everything reminds me of Aomine.

"Hyk!" I hugged, and squealed. I miss this big brother of mine. The one true pillar of strength who always supports me and gave me advices. The one I confided in everything-- including them too. The one who never chastised  me even though he knew I am at fault.

"For a short while, Aura. There's something I need to settle here before I could go back in peace" He answered.

"Business?" I asked. 

"No, it's about you" 

Me?

"Yes, you" He confirmed. "I do not like to speak about this serious matter with you through the phone. Not even through Skype. I thought I needed to speak to you about it- face to face" He said, in a serious tone.

Now he got me curious.

"I want you to break up with Zed" He said. One sentence and it was enough to reel me into confusion. Why is he suddenly saying all these-

"Because you don't love him. It's guilt you are feeling" 

"W-what are you saying- I love-" I stopped mid-sentence and realised it myself.

I couldn't say it. 

"Aomine. That's who you love" He continued my sentence as I blanked away.

"I don-" I stopped again, halfway.

"Your heart don't lie" He nodded, understanding the position of my heart.

"I told you, it was a mistake. That night with Aomine was a mistake. It shouldn't have happened. I shouldn't have called him, I shouldn't have hugged him and kissed him and I shouldn't have stayed over and spend the entire day with him and-" 

"Aura?" A familiar voice spoke behind me, stopping me from rambling on.

"Zed, I..I can explain" I immediately said. Why- how is here? I looked to my brother and I knew, it is him who called Zed. But.. Why?

**********

a/n

oh no, how now brown cow?

+250 votes for another chapter! Share with your friends too! ;)