Chapter 31

Aurora Atticus's POV

It's yet another week. Somehow, I dread working later-- actually, during the weekend. Because there's always that lingering feeling and lingering thoughts about Aomine. The thought where I will see him there. I should have known that I shouldn't even be thinking about him anymore since it's unfair to Zed, but the mind.... I couldn't stop it.

I walked and pass through the hotel, to get to the pool by passing through the garden when I saw my brother's ex-girlfriend-- Scarlett Annesley, standing with Zed. While sadly, my brother and her ended on a bad note because that brother of mine wanted to focus on his career and gave up on this amazing lady; Scarlett and I have remained in contact as friends. I remembered she called me few days back to let me know that she is coming back here for good, but totally pre-occupied with work and other unrelated things, I totally forgot about it.

I observed the two of them together.  Zed and Scarlett still looked like an awkward turtle whenever they are together. I never get the two of them, they barely talk at all even when my brother and Scarlett are together. Yet surprisingly, Zed and her have known each other since high school. Shouldn't they have a lot to talk about?

I was about to approached them when Scarlett started talking.

"I've missed you" She smiled to Zed. I stopped in my tracks and decided to continue and eavesdrop on their conversations.

Zed smiled, "How was life?" He asked, ignoring her question while she answered something inaudible for my ears. Though that nod probably means it's good. "... and you are still avoiding my 'i miss you'. You know, it's not easy forgetting my first crush" First crush? Could... Zed be her first crush? 

"Red...." Zed started, calling her by her nickname.

"No, it's okay. I totally know what you are going to say. I'm just thinking if I have really gotten over my first crush. I wonder..." She mused to herself. "Though I am glad you are not avoiding me... and at least you asked me something with three words" 

"Red..." Zed said again. "I am together with Aura now" 

Her face immediately changed-- as if she was surprised, like it was unexpected. "Oh" she forced a smile. "Thats... unexpected but... well, I am happy for you. I guess" She smiled, looking away.

"Thank you. So you are here to find Aura then?" Zed questioned and she nodded. 

"Aurora" A familiar voice jolted and startled me from the back. "Holy-!" I tripped by the safety barrier but ended in the hands of the caller-- Aomine. Of all times...

"Why are you behaving like you just got caught-" He said and looked around, until his eyes landed on Zed and Scarlett. "Oh, Zed and Red" He spoke.

"You know Scarlett?" I asked. Why is everyone connected? Is the world really that small?

"Zed, Red and I went to the same high school" He explained. 

"Oh right" So the three of them knew each other. That's interesting. But wait a minute...

Why am I talking to Aomine?... His lips on mine... The memories replayed instantly as I instantly bit on my lips. Don't think about it Aura! Stop!

He smirks. "Don't bite those lips Aurora, because believe me. I do want to kiss those lips" His eyes travelled down to my lips, "again" He finished as I slowly backed away from him and tripped on a stone that led me to fell right on my butt on that field of grass- that garden.

Aomine laughed at me, while I heard Zed called on to me. Why do I have the feeling of being caught?

"Aomine?" Scarlett called. "Oh my, it's really you! Saw you everywhere in the magazines but wow, never thought you'd grow up to be this ... well" She praised.