Chapter 9

Aomine Axton's POV

"You better have a damn good reason for violating my door bell at this ungodly hour" Zed groaned, forced to invite me into his house.  "I brought wine" I hold it out for him while he continued grumbling incoherent language.

"That's not why you're here" He read through me. "I told you I was happy that we had a heart to heart talk earlier on but not this way, man, not like this" He pointed to himself- half-naked and half-asleep. 

"Tomorrow is Saturday and-" I rebutted.  "Don't you dare continue that sentence. Dude, it's like 3.55am right now. I was sleeping and seriously, you just have to wake me up at-"

"You're the best" I lied through my teeth. 

"No, that doesn't make anything better. Don't go all cheesy on me. I don't have the mood right now to go all brotherly love on you" He continued grumbling. 

Alright, fine. I'll go straight to the point. "I hugged her" I confessed.

"That better not be the reason why you're here" He warned.  What? This isn't urgent enough?

"I wouldn't be in this trouble if you had not hugged her" 

"You jealous freak. Stop mimicking my actions" He popped the bottle of wine.

"Right. But, You don't understand. My heart was beating"

"Yeah,  you wouldn't be here if your heart isn't beating" This sarcastic-

"No, let me rephrase that. It was racing fast" I corrected.

"Good gracious. That's a good thing. Why are you fretting over it?" He poured the wine for each of us. Why is he so relax?

"Because i usually don't. Charm, conquer, discard. That's my mantra."

"Apparently it's changing. Get used to the unusual"  We argued back and forth.

God. "Why am i even here?" I asked, frustrated. He is not helping at all.

"That should be my line" He rebutted. "Man, why are you even trying to stop the growing feelings? Why are you in such a rush to stop it? I can understand it gets overwhelming since you never really sincerely love someone before but she-"

"I don't love her" I corrected him.

"Alright, alright" He raised his hands up in surrender, "Whatever floats your boat" He shrugged. "I know why you are here. You just want me to tell you the words you want to hear- that you should stay away from her because you shouldn't hurt her"

"Exactly!" That's my homie for you.

"No,No... Let me finish" He looked at me sternly. "Well, if you are capable of leaving her alone then... do it" He said, and i stayed silent. There's no way i could leave her alone-

"Ya' know what, you should just take things slowly. Slow down your pace. You're in a rush right now because that's how things have been going on for you. Fuck and throw. But with Aura who's inexperienced and her ideology of romance that's -- getting to know each other well, your fast-and-furious method won't work on her. Just, let things take is natural course" He sipped his wine.

"Yeah, she didn't even let me send her home today" I grumbled. I can't believe she turned me down. Right after we hugged. It was just a ride back home, why couldn't she just agree to that? 

Zed chuckled, "Bro, that's Aura for you" He laughed, "Anyway, first. You gotta get rid of the other hoes" We laughed over it and drank the whole night away. I don't even know what's funny. 

*********

Aurora Atticus's POV

I plopped into bed, and let my mind drift. Recalling everything that happened tonight- vividly. I have never been this emotionally drained, but I am, apparently. This is officially the second night that i had allowed my thoughts to be filled with him. The hug we shared in the office. The quick beating of hearts and all the new feeling i've acquired tonight. I am a little intimidated, frightened and excited all at the same time. But truthfully though, i've never thought my first attraction would be towards someone like him-- entirely the opposite of what i had imagined my 'first love' should be.

I used to dreamed that i will get a kind, friendly, cheerful and a boy-next-door kind of guy that would spend hours talking by the river with me or just lay on the grass gazing at the stars- talking about everything that we could think of. But no, none of that. I am supposed to feel disappointed, but why am i not? Surprisingly....

I turned, facing the mirror and looked at my body. It feels strange now, i traced the places where he hugged me earlier on. Oddly satisfying and - Oh Gosh, stop it, Aura. 

Alright, what else is there to think about? Right. My room mate hasn't been back for a while now. Or was it because she didn't leave her room? Hmm... weird. Although we are living in the same house, we never really talked. She's reserved and the only time we talk is when we bumped into each other in the mornings or when i passed her the monthly rental fee. But lately i haven't seen her at all. Is she alright? 

I closed my eyes with the last thought in mind: I'm so glad it's Saturday. It will take my mind off things for the weekend, and i need that space and time for ME time. Though well, i have part-time work to go to but it is all good, it will distract me.

My eyes flicked open again. But now that we hugged, what comes next? What am i supposed to do or say? I get all the nerves, the elation, the butterflies, the anxiety. How am i supposed to face him on Monday- for the camping trip? 

No, no. I chuckled. It's just a hug. No big deal. Now you're being delusional... my mind mocked me.

As if on cue, my phone lit up. I was surprised when i saw Mr. Axton name on the caller ID.

Why is he calling me? Oh, wait what? It's already 4.30am? How long have i been awake?

"Aurora. From now onwards, I'll teach you how it feels like to be in love" He said. What? "And i'm going to make you realise how you feel towards me" Is he drunk? "By the way, don't let Zed hug you." He ended the call before i could even react or say anything. 

What was that about?

*************

a/n

I'm sorry if the engagement between the two of them is super slow. I would like some things to happen between them both too but i wouldn't want to write it super fast and missed out on all the process~ Anyways. thanks for reading, as always! xx

+70 votes for another chapter! 

The camping trip is nearing~ and more to come *insert devil smile*