Chapter 28

Aomine Axton's POV

Is this the same girl that I've known six months ago? Was she always this resolute?

She is. And she is pushing me away. Entirely from her life. I watched her as she took off and do her own job. A part of me hated it when she push me away, but I love the way she is-- with her confidence, and good at what she is doing.

I admit that it was my fault for leaving and left her hanging with no answers. But my hands were tied, I was left with no choice. I had to leave and I couldn't divulge any information. I trust her, I do-- but surely I couldn't just tell her that my father's company in a wreck because the adopted son he so loved ruined it when he let him takeover. The company almost went into shambles and he was found out to have cancer. In the world of business, as the head of the company-- it is never alright to divulge information of your sickness. Plus, I was threaten by my own father to revive his company or else Aurora will be in danger. That old man-- he secretly sent someone to keep tabs on my move. So what could I do? Besides forcefully agreeing to it, to keep both her and my dad safe. 

That's exactly why I had to keep it a secret.

But why isn't she trying to listen to me?

Was it entirely my fault for not telling her any of it? She should've trusted me.

I had spent my entire day and night each day in the other country trying to revive this company that that son of a bitch had tried to destroy. I had tried my best to finish up and solve all the problems that they were facing so that I could come back as fast as possible and get Aurora.

But her attitude right now is driving me nuts.

I don't even know if I should go forward and force her to listen to me, or allow her to calm down for a few days before I approach her again. I wish I had experience in 'getting a girl back'.  I was never one to do this.

"So you're back" A faintly familiar voice spoke. I know I heard that voice somewhere before.

"Ace Hunter" my eyes squinted at his presence. 

"Aomine Axton" He repeated. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

I scoffed. "Why are you here?" I asked. What a stupid question to be asking why I am here. I own this damn place.

"I asked first" He rebutted.

"To redeem myself" I admitted. I have no good vibes around this guy but surely he knows everything that has happen within the past six months. Otherwise, he wouldn't be here.

"Not sure if that will work though" He shrugged. "She went through a lot for the past six months. She needed someone. She needed you. But you weren't there. And that six months was enough to change her as a person" 

"I don't need your opinion. I just need you to stay out of the way between Aurora and I" 

"Not sure if I could" He argued. 

"Excuse me?" I scoffed.

"You might not know how to treasure somebody but I do, Mr. Axton. I lost my chance in protecting the girl I love in the past, but I won't allow it to happen the second time. She might not be who I love, in fact, my heart will not even allow her to enter in. But Aurora is important to me. I've seen her for the past six months trying so fucking hard to stay strong. But what most people do not know is that she cried. She cried so much for you" His tone gets stronger and firm with each sentence, "And what did you do? Leave her there with no news on you at all. Were you even in love with her in the first place?" He looked at me skeptically.

"Shut it. I don't need you to tell me what I was wrong at. You do not know what entirely happened, so don't act like I'm the only douche here. You mind your own fucking business. And what was that? You failed to protect the girl you love in the past? Well thats' too bad boy because you were the one who didn't know how to protect her. At least I did." I argued.

"What do you mean you protected her?" Another voice spoke. Zed. 

"Say it again. What did you mean by at least you protected her?" Zed probed the second time. "Dammit Aomine, answer me right now" He flared up. 

and that's exactly what it takes for me to tell him entirely what had happened. I couldn't even give a fuck if that Ace guy is there listening to the whole conversation.

"Shit" Zed muttered and said it in regret. "You should've told me earlier.... then I wouldn't....." He trailed.

"Wouldn't what?" I questioned.

************

+250 votes for another chapter.