Chapter 22

Aurora Atticus's POV

"Deadpool was hilarious!" I squealed, as Ace and I made our way out of the theatre in search of a cafe to chill. This may look like a date, but no. It's actually not. We just happened to be texting and talking about Aomine, when the both of us started talking about comic heroes and it turns out that we were both fans of it. I was more into DC comics characters while him being the Marvel fans. Both of us got too excited and suddenly, we were discussing about Deadpool and Ace was raving about how awesome it was. Thirty minutes later he told me he got two tickets for the both of us. It was impromptu but I said "yes!" immediately. 

"I told you Deadpool was so much better than your Batman!" He said excitedly while we walked through the streets. It's valentine's day today and it certainly did make finding a place for two times tougher since couples are everywhere. "Hey, don't talk bad about mine!" I rebutted.

There were so many things that I've learned about Ace today and it isn't exactly any good ones. I never had to pity myself for not having a partner on this day usually but sadly, I kind of feel a tiny little bit disappointed. But again, it's not as bad as Ace's life if it were to be compared. I happened to learn that the reason why he wasn't interested in any other girls wasn't because he was gay or that his standard for girls was too high; it was simply just because the woman-- the love of his life had died about two years ago. Ace didn't really go in depth about the story but briefly, it was because she went hiking with her friends in some mountain. The weather turned bad, she slipped and tumbled down the hill. By the time her body was found, she couldn't be saved.  Ace skipped the rest of the information and I didn't probe further since he looked sad the moment he started talking about it. But he made one point straight-- That he couldn't move on; unable to move on, and he didn't want to move on. He loved her, and he didn't want any other girls. I would have advised him not to dwell in that, but I don't think I have the rights to tell him what to do yet... 

Anyway we are just going to have our lunch together before he goes to her grave and pay her a visit. He said it was a yearly thing for him; for the past two years.

**********

Aomine Axton's POV

I was in a good mood. I was eating my brunch with relish when I woke up remembering what had happened last night. The night I was at the bar with Zed and the events that took place after that. I remembered Aurora dragging me to bed and I remembered leaning inwards towards her to kiss her... Until all the memories stopped there and I couldn't remember anything after that. It still left me thinking if we kissed... or did we not? 

Which reminds me, "I haven't seen her all day yet. Is she sleeping in?" I asked Philip and drank on my water.

"No sir, Ms. Atticus is out with her male friend named Ace Hunter. He came by earlier this afternoon to fetch Ms. Atticus" Philip informed. 

I chocked the moment I heard that name. "What do you mean she's out with him?!" I managed to cough out, "You mean like a date? Only the two of them?" 

"It seems so that way, Sir" Phillip nodded. My heart burns with jealousy. 

"Did they say where they were going?" Philip shook his head and my head throbbed even more than they already did. 

"Philip, have the car readied within half an hour. I am going to follow them" I instructed and quickly rushed up to my room to shower, while I dialled Zed to get Ace's cell number. 

"Where are you?" I spoke immediately when the line gets connected. Fuck the 'hello'. 

"Who is this?" Ace answered.

"Aomine Axton. Now where are you? Are you still with Aurora?"

He chuckled, "Did you call because you were worried? We are going to Marine Walk Hotel to-"

"What the fuck" I scowled and ended the call. Hotel?! I underestimated this dude. 

**********

Within half an hour, I am here at the entrance to Marine Walk Hotel. I need someone to tell me why I am actually here. Why did I even make the rash decision to come here? Clearly, I told her she meant nothing. But now.... All the things that I am doing doesn't even make any sense to me at all. 

I checked with the receptionists for any guest name under "ACE HUNTER", but apparently, the hotel couldn't divulge their guest information due to confidentiality. My phone beeped, signalling an incoming call.

Ace Hunter's number on the caller ID screen.

"What's the worry? We are at the cafeteria" He started, "Look up" and I did. There, he was waving down to me. That kid... Who does he think he is? And that smirk on his face. I so wish I could wiped them away. 

***********

a/n

OMG I'm SUPER DUPER EXTREMELY SORRY FOR NOT KEEPING MY PROMISE AND UPDATE THE CHAPTER ON VALENTINE'S DAY. The man surprised me with a sudden flight ticket to another country and he had apparently packed my luggage for me beforehand (which I hadn't realised) and the flight is within 4 freaking hours from the time he gave me the "gift". I was in another country without my laptop and I suck at writing chapters through my phone so I couldn't update a single thing because the wifi sucks. I'm back and so this is another chapter! So sorry guys xx