Chapter 26

Aurora Atticus's POV

His phone rang suddenly, disrupting our in-silence conversation. Relieving me of the embarrassment. He took a quick glance at his phone before he decided to ignore it, leaving the phone ringing.

"Why are you not taking the call?" I trailed off.

"It's nobody important" He firmly stated, the same time the ringing stops.

Should I probe further? Could it be another girl? 

"It's not a girl, if you're wondering" He said, as if he could read my mind. "The look on your face... it says everything. You just can't hide your emotions, can't you?" He smiled.

"I... I wasn't even thinking of it," I lied.

"It could be a lady though," He commented with a smirk. His phone rang again, cutting our conversation short.

"You should just take that cal-"

"Leave it, Aurora" He rejected my advise. 

"If it's a girl, I mean, I don't mind" I shrugged, though the insides of me have already started assuming the worst; and I couldn't control the slight anger forming; my mouth turned into a straight line. "You can just take the call, it's probably urgent. Or they need some relieve tonight or something since they couldn't control their freaking hormone" I added and he looked at me amusingly. 

Shit, Why did I even say that? Me and my damn big mouth. 

"Are you actually jealous?" He smirked, and the phone stopped ringing again.

"No, why would I?"

"Because you wouldn't be acting all sassy right now if you weren't" His smirk slowly turned into a sly, devious smile. 

"Ha" I scoffed, "Now you're delusional. I'm pretty sure I know what I am feeling" 

"Do you, now?" He stepped forward and claim my cheeks wth his lips. This just went from zero to hundred real quick, and I felt as though Elsa had casted a spell on me, and now I'm frozen right in my spot.

My cheeks formed red and blush.

"I'm pretty sure I know how you're feeling" He stated, as our eyes locked.

.... And for the third time, his phone rang again. He sighed in frustration, running his hand over his hair before he took out his phone and immediately pressed the accept button.

"What do you want?" He said rudely, without even a hello. "It's not of my business" He sounded so serious, I've never seen this part of him yet.

I heard some muffles through the phone, though I couldn't make out the words. 

"How serious?" He finally said after about one minute of silence. The person on the other line started talking again.

"Okay" was all he said before he cut the line. His face frowned, and expresses nothing but worries, though he tried to keep a stoned demeanour. 

"What happen-" I started,

"I have to go" He said, and that is all it took for him to grabbed a suitcase and stuffed in his clothes, messily. "Get my plane ready in half" He made a quick call and ended them as soon as he's done talking. 

"What is going-"

"I'll explain to you when I get back" He said, and with that he rushed off out of the room. Leaving me there alone in the middle of his room, not knowing what to do or what to say.

*********

I couldn't even have the time to ask him when he is coming back. 

It's been two weeks. I have tried to text him, or call him-- but there was no reply. It was read, or seen, but there isn't any reply at all. No texts, no calls.

The last message was the next day after he had left-- that I, as his personal assistant, will take a paid leave until he is back ; which was still unknown and unstated. No confirmation at all.

So here I am. In this big house, alone. Being alone here right now makes me want to leave. Because the owner isn't here, and two, I feel bad for making the maids cook for me and wash my laundry when they are not even paid to do so. 

I shouldn't even be here...

And here's when I really thought these words will never leave my mouth. But it does.

I miss him.

There's no news, nothing, nada. I thought we were going one step closer, but it seems like we are taking two steps backwards.

Should I even be here?

What is he doing? 

Why is he not updating me of anything?

Do I not mean a thing to him?

Do I not cross his mind even for a second?

***********

a/n

Oh no! What do you think could happen? Take a guess!

+230 votes for another chapter!