Chapter 19

Aurora Atticus's POV

The rain gets heavier, blinding the view even with the wiper blades already doing its job while Aomine continued driving around the neighbourhood to get to my residence. Ah, what a life would it be to soak myself for a good half an hour in the hot tub-- such therapeutic movement to relax the body and mind. I can't wait.

I hurriedly collected my belongings and left Aomine's car after his car stopped right in front of the building. I don't know if this how other girls usually acts but right now, I don't have the energy to even talk to him-- just like how he wanted. I have a feeling it will get into a big argument, and I don't want that. Afterall, he is still my boss. Boss.... and a worker. That's all to it, and the friendlier we are towards each other, the better working environment we can create.

Nah, who am I kidding? It sounded like I'm promoting a better healthy workforce style, when in fact I am just tired. Too tired to talk about anything deep with him. It's been a really long day after all.

I left his car and quickly tapped my card to enter the building, before he could even grab the umbrella from his car or open the car door for me. I don't need any of that. He can save the 'gentleman acts' for another time.

I walked up with a great feeling and urge to just dump everything and go straight to my washroom. The unpacking can wait. But what is in my front door took my excitement level spiral down straight into the pits of hell, leaving me confused and suddenly felt helpless.

Why are all my belongings outside the house?

I paid my rent monthly on time everytime. So why is-

Relax, Aurora. Just enter the house and then we'll see how it goes or what had happened while I was away for the past four days.

I slot in my keys. I turned, and turned. But to no avail. Why couldn't this key work? Did they change the lock?

"Aurora, is that you?" My neighbour, a kind old lady in her sixties who always baked me some cakes periodically, approached me. "My goodness, you are drenched!" She passed me some tissues, "Haven't you heard what happened in there?" She asked, doubling the un to my comfort. "It was a wreck in there" She shook her head, "The landlord lady told me that you and your roommate hasn't been paying rent for the past two months. She had informed your roommate and made sure that if by the third month no payment is made, two of you will have to be evicted"

I scratched my head in confusion, "But I did pay my rent monthly. I passed it to my roommate. She will then usually give it to the landlord" I mused. How did this happen then.

"Well, my child. That is not the worst. Your roommate had apparently been dealing with illegal substances and she went berserk when the landlord and her went into confrontation. It created a commotion and people were starting to watch. I was there too and She threatened to kill herself if the two of you didn't get another month to pay. The landlord refused to give in and she jumped right out of that window....."

I gasped. Such a thing actually happened while I was away? We are in the fifteenth storey. Does that mean that she.....

"She died. The police are currently investigating and no one is allowed to enter the room" she confirmed my slightest doubt.

"Grandma! What are you doing outside in this cold weather?" Her granddaughter called as she looked at me. "You are that- neighbor" she said and turn to her grandmother.  "Don't go near her grandma, you never know if she's on those substances too" She whispered to her though, it wasn't low enough. I could hear every word she said. She grabbed grandma and dragged them into their house.

Well, What am I supposed to do now? Who can I call? My brother? Zed?

I dig into my pocket to find my phone, but I couldn't. Did I put it elsewhere? Both of my pockets have nothing. Is it in my bag? I searched for it frantically.

"Looking for this?" Aomine stood by the lift, leaning against the door, holding my phone up in his hands.

"Oh thank Go-"

"You are coming with me" He took my hands and dragged me with him.

"W-what are you trying to do. Why are you-" I wriggled out of his grasped forcefully, and successfully.

"I'm sure I've heard and understood enough from that old lady there" He dead-panned on me. So he heard everything?

"I- No. I'll find my own way" I rejected.

"In this weather? With all those stuffs?" He pointed to the box that were messily dumped outside the house.

"I can call my brother or Zed and-"

"What could Zed help you with? Stay in his house? You and him? No" He grabbed me again and lead me into the lift, closing the door. "You can call your brother later for further help but you are coming with me now"

"Oh Yeah you're right, Living in Zed's sounds like a good idea" I mused to myself. Why Had I not thought about it before? Aomine scowled. "And where would you even take me-" I continued.

"To my residence" He said. The same time the lift door opens and he man-handled me. Carrying me over his shoulder.

His residence? Stay with him? I have been trying my best to stay away from him but now I am actually getting even nearer to him? No..No! "What the fuck" I scowled. No!

He stopped mid-way and looked at me, surprise written all over his face. "That's the first time you actually said something vulgar" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes. Is this the time to be talking about how many times I speak-

"Ooof!" He threw me into the front passenger seat and fasten my seatbelt. Such near distance.....

Wait, no. I'm not supposed to be admiring the close distance between us. I'm supposed to be struggling or get into some argument with him so that I can escape and not live with him.

"Don't bother. I've turned on the child's lock" He said calmly as he drove away.

No...... I don't want to be here.... I don't want to be there.....

But secretly, why am I excited? Did I secretly want this?

Yes you do, Aurora.

No, I don't! Think of a reason to get out of here... Think!

"My stuffs....I need to get them-"

"I have already arranged for someone to get it sent over"

Well that's efficient.

I sighed in defeat.

"And in case you don't know, I'm still very much bewildered and irritated" He started. Huh? "First, with Ace Hunter, next, thought of staying over at Zed's house" He continued.

I know where this is going..... His jealousy. "I'm not going to continue with this topic" I said, and quickly shut my eyes to pretend and sleep. There's no way I'm going to go on about this topic.

I'll settle this staying-over-in-his-place but for now I must escape from this topic.

***********

a/n

+150 votes for another chapter! xx Things are gonna get so interesting! *squeals*