Chapter 33

Aurora Atticus's POV

The intense silence makes it unbearable for me to handle as my arms were wrapped around his neck and his hands were placed firmly on either side of my waist. At the same time, many thoughts ran across my mind. Was it really okay for me to be doing this? Am I just leading him on or do I really need him? 

"Is it really okay..." I started, "I mean, can I stay like this longer?" I murmured and breathed into his neck, not breaking off the embrace we are in. Though the distance in this car seat is making my waist a little sore to reach out to him. 

"What are you saying, Aurora" He trailed. "This place is obviously only for you" He said.

I pulled out of the hug and took a good look at him. The one's who is still dressed in his suit-- the one who probably left his work halfway just to came over and fetch me because I called. In that instance, I couldn't help but smile through the tears I was already in before. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"Not... really" I considered. I don't think letting Aomine know about my situation with Zed is of any good. It might even backfire instead.

"... So where do you want to go? Home? I'll send yo-" His expression worried.

The courage inside me burned with passion out of a sudden and I found myself leaning in towards him. 

"No... yours" I murmured. Damn, where did that came from? Must be the influence of Scarlett-- of how she behaved almost this way. Why did I even learn it? Oh gosh. My eyes met his and just like that, his lips are on mine... once again.

************

The ride to his house was silent as he fidgeted plenty of times inside the car and It was funny really, even when we passed by his living room to be greeted by his butler, Philip, he had a twisted expression on his face that quickly made Philip walked away fast. 

We made our way up the stairs to his room but it was then Aomine pushes me against his front door when we stood right in front of his room. Kissing my neck as he fumbles for the door handle. My breath got heavier and my heart quickens. Am I really going to do this? Are we really going to do this?

I stumbled through the doorway but he managed to hold me in place. He pauses.

"I want to do this with you. You...." He started and I looked at him.

Should I ? Should I, really?

"I am talking about sleeping with you, Aurora" He explained, "And I am being selfish now. Sleeping with my best friend's girlfriend when she is vulnerable but-"

"I get it, Aomine. I get what you mean and what you want. So.... Just...." I trailed off. I want it too, with him. The memory of him saying he doesn't have a girlfriend to Scarlett in the moment probably fuelled it but perhaps, we both want the same thing and we are being selfish right now. 

"I want this" I stated. There, I say it. And I didn't regret it.

Aomine formed a smile before he leaned in, leaving no further gap left between us. He kissed me on the lips gently and cautiously at first. But soon his breathing becomes ragged, his kisses urgent and desperate... his body bonding with mine, and his hands travelling all over me. The foreign feeling taking both my brain and body into out of this world-- a feeling I never knew existed before. A feeling that makes me give and lost myself in him.

************

The next morning:

I opened my eyes and glimpse shyly to the man beside me. A mix of different emotions rushed through me. Guilt, relief, happiness of what happened last night and...A tinge of disappointment too; as I recalled what happened last night. I had thought about making love. I thought when he said 'sleep with me' it meant 'making love'. But sadly, no. It was just purely sleeping beside him, naked. It's just.... touching, then sleep.