Chapter 11

Aurora Atticus's POV

The lack of sleep has officially taken its toll on me. I wondered if I will be able to survive the 4 days and 3 nights stay in the world surrounded by nature -- camping, basically. I lugged my luggage towards the bus garage, where the meeting point is at. 

"Mr. Axton, Let's take a welfie together" The voices from the overly excited girls --I recognised as the bunch of lobby receptionists -- thrilled and shrilled, surrounding him. Hah, I thought. Bright and early in the morning at 7.30am- even animals don't try to find their mate this early. 

Wow, what a harsh thought, Aurora. You cannot just indirectly call other women a coquette. Don't be judgemental plus It's rude. Well, It must be the grumpiness from the lack of sleep-- it does that to people. So I am excused. My mind argued between themselves. 

"Sorry, excuse me" I said, trying to make my way to the luggage bins to deposit my bags. They were obstructing. "Alright ladies, last shot" Aomine called, even after he had spotted me. I tried to scoff and rolled my eyes silently inside my mind, but it all translated into a rapid eye blinking with slightly raised brows to stop my thoughts from entertaining it. I am so annoyed at his behaviour and the girls' behaviour. 

I deposited my bags while the girls finally decided to clamber on to the bus, leaving me and Aomine alone. "Good morn-" Aomine started speaking, but i quickly greeted him and made my way up to the bus, as he followed suit.

I looked around for seats but they are divided, dispersed, separated and they are everywhere. My eyes don't even know where to start looking-

"Mr. Axton! Over here" One of the called at the back. It was a 2x2 seater seat facing each other. The girl had one space beside her that's empty-- obviously reserved for him. Opposite facing them, a guy I recognised as the man from the Finance department took up another seat- with an empty seat beside him. To make it simple, I will be facing Aomine throughout the entire ride.

"Well, looks like we are still stuck together for five hours" Aomine shrugged. I certainly do not know how to feel about this arrangement though. While I am contented to have my own space-- at least not beside him, but opposite of him; my heart has also acknowledge the fact that I want to be near him. My heart started palpating again, wondering if there will be anything that's going to happen.

No. 

Nothing will be going on within these hours, Aurora. Stop hoping, Stop expecting, and just sit down right now. 

Being on the window seat is advantageous. I plugged in my earpiece and look out to take on the scenery-- Allowing my mind to drift else where. 

***************

Aomine Axton's POV

By the end of two hours through the ride, almost everyone were already asleep-- including Aurora. The energy from the excited people died down and silence filled the air, as I kept my eyes fixed on her sleeping face. Eery, I know, but she looked so peaceful; almost like a little kid. It was too beautiful, I couldn't keep my eyes away.

Her head bounced, when the road gets unsteady, landing her head on to Mr. Richard's shoulder who was startled as he immediately looked over to me and gave me the universal hand sign of i-didn't-touch-her-she-fell-onto-me-herself surrender sign. "I-I-I didn't touch her. I saw the way you had looked at her the whole time but I swear I didn't do anything-" He started stuttering, but I gave him a nod that assured him I perfectly understood the whole situation.

Looking over to his shoulder, this girl is still, very much sleeping soundly and peacefully. This girl, really. She's so good at being defenceless. I sighed, a little annoyed.

"Delvin, would you like to exchange seats with me?" I asked Mr. Richard.

"Yes Sir, please" He gently pushed Aurora's head back to the other side and get up from his seat as quick as lightning. Very eager to be away from Aurora, hmm... This man is leaving me a good impression.

"Thank you, Delvin. I was getting annoyed looking at that scene previously" I admitted as he gave a small smile. "It's all I can do for you sir" He answered, while I adjusted the sleeping beauty's head on to my shoulder.

Now that she's here with me, I can feel my mood meter going up slightly, happier. Unconsciously, smiling to myself. "Do I look silly?" I asked Delvin, after realising how silly i might have possibly looked for this one very defenceless girl. "No sir, not at all. It's a happy sight. I understand the jealousy" He answered and looked out the window, before closing his eyes.

Hmm... I was jealous eh?

********

After about four hours, she jolted up, waking me up in the process. I chuckled, knowing what's exactly on her mind after looking at the expression she's wearing on her face.

"W-why am i-" She started, looking at me, "A-aren't you there just-" She pointed to the seat Delvin is now seating on, "W-why are you suddenly here?" She stuttered. How adorable. I smiled.

"Why do you think am I here, Aurora?" I teased her. 

"What?" She muttered confusingly.

"Are you going to go around sleeping on peoples' shoulder whenever you're in a transport?" I questioned. Her eyes widened upon hearing what she'd done unawarely. She stayed silent.

"Ah," I faked, gripping my shoulder, "my shoulder is sore now, thanks to you" I accused, thinking of the next ridiculous words. She blinked, "You have to pay me back now, with your body" I chuckled. Wow, I sounded stupid.

"What?" She whispered-shouted, looking around to make sure no one is woken up by her voice. "Are you a pervert Mr. Axton?" She questioned.

"That's not what I meant, Aurora. It's not what you think it is" I answered. "Silly girl" I chuckled. "Massage my shoulders for me, would you?" I requested. 

She looked over to me momentarily probably deciding, before her hands reached out to me and massaged my shoulders. A little weak from the energy, but it's all I could ask for right now.

Satisfied is an understatement. 

**************

a/n

If you have any idea of what you would like to see developing between the two of them, or even SHARE your experience of how you felt when you first realise you fell in love with someone, comment anytime! I read all your comments btw. Thank you for the constant support!

+100 votes for another chapter! xoxo