Chapter 17

Aurora Atticus's POV

He's already asleep. Does this make any sense? How could he have slept so soundly when we had just kissed in the evening? I have been turning and tossing around the bed for almost an hour, only to no avail. Had the many experiences of him kissing other girls helped him to sleep soundly without giving much thought about it? Even though he's right beside me in the same tent, I still couldn't get him out of my head.

Will tomorrow change?

I casted aside my thoughts and let myself drift to sleep.

*******************

Aomine Axton's POV

It was when I kissed her that I started to have so many concerns. A kiss with women shouldn't have triggered any nerves off me, but it miraculously did with Aurora. It shouldn't have meant anything to me, but it did. At some point of time after that kiss, I realised that while it meant a lot to me, she deserved better. A better man who did not have a past of a 'player'. A man who confidently knows how to love one woman, and never hurt her.

It dawned on me, that I never want to see her hurt. Not at all, especially not by me. I should've been more confident of myself but I am not. While I accept that what I felt for Aurora is something I've never felt for any women before, it scares me that all these might just be an infatuation. Or perhaps, I just enjoyed the chasing. I am not confident of my own mind and heart. I'm uncertain. 

She deserved better. But how do I let her know about it?

'Experience in playing a lover, but a virgin in love' - As Zed had described me. It couldn't be any more true. I have never fuss over a woman before yet I'm wrecking my brain just to let Aurora understand it from my point of view- although she might not be able to.

I looked to her sleeping face-- her slightly pout lips, and the way she frowned upon her sleep-- Lovely amidst everything. I swept a stray strand of her hair off her face before this girl decided to pop open her eyes and stared right into my soul, like those in horror movies, startling the shit out of me this early in the morning.

I had wanted to chuckle after my shock had subsided, but....

She deserved better. The words echoed through my head.

"Get some more sleep, it's still early Aurora" I said as she rubbed her eyes, like a small kid. 

"I think I had enough sleep, Mr. Axton" She smiled, and climbed out of the bed. "D-d-do you want to take a walk outside?" She offered. She. offered. The first time she ever offered me to do anything with her. Ah, music to the ears.

You shouldn't hurt her. Don't give her any hope. You are not even sure of how you feel towards her.

My mind reminded me, instantly making me reject her.

I heard thrilled shrieks from the outside, knowing it belongs to those women from the Finance department. 'Well, I have an appointment with the ladies from the finance dept later in their tent" I lied, in a very 'i-should-probably-fuck-them-too' tone. 

Her eyes looked over to mine, revealing disappointment and jealousy-- though she had tried to keep it hidden. How could she? It could never escape my eyes. Her body tenses, and her shoulder slumped; as she swallowed her throat several times. Those are the signs of a woman who is hurting.

"I see" Was her only response. I hurt her, yes, I had freaking hurt her now. By using a meaningless superficial 'relationship' just for a five second orgasm as a reason. Good fucking job, buddy. But Aurora will thank me next time. She have to know this is all for her own good. Before she dig a deeper grave for herself, I'm giving her that ticket to escape. She needs to escape.

"About yesterday" I started, "Don't read too much into it. I've kissed plenty of women before, and there's no feelings put into it" I said. A dick-- that's who I'm being right now. I looked at her, who stayed silent.

She'll appreciate it one day. 

"I don't understand you at all. I can't seem to even if I want to" She spoke up. It surprises me, since she never ever really spoke about how she feels. "You said many times you want me. But how and why do you so easily agree to that? Why do you still find other girls? You said you want me... but you constantly left me questioning myself if you really want me" She bursted out.

"But I get it" She said after silence are starting to fill up the air, "I get what you want to say. You just want me to forget about it. That, that kiss was just a mistake. A moment of folly. Fine.... I will forget it" She gets up and leave the tent, while I stayed there rooted. 

No, she's wrong. About everything.

I didn't kiss her half-heartedly. 

Many thoughts ran across my mind. Feeling sorry because I hurt her, and many more questions that I can never answer. But one very distinct question that kept popping out of my mind is -- Why does it have to be her?

Why couldn't it be any other girl? Why must it be her, the one without experience for love? It could've felt better if I develop feelings towards other girl that actually have experience before, so that at least she knows how it could hurt, so that if i hurt her, it could hurt her lesser.

But why.

Why does it have to be this girl?

*********

a/n

Sorry i updated late guys! I was super busy, my life was in a chaos in the month of January but everything is sorted out now. Let's just say, 'January is a trial month for me. The new year begins on February'. ;)

Sad chapter I know, but I had to get their concerns all out. It might get better?... or it may not? *not disclosing it*

+150 votes for another chapter! xoxo