Chapter 32

Aurora Atticus's POV

I breathed a sigh of relief upon seeing Scarlett rise up from her chair. The influence of the call she received a few minutes ago is apparently taking its effect; resulting in the trigger for her to leave and I couldn't be more thankful than that.

All of us stood up after her, and Zed wrapped his arms around my shoulders; then intertwined them together through his fingers. Leaving both Aomine and Scarlett's eyes fixed on our hands. 

"Must you really do this in front of me, Zed?" Scarlett asked. "It's really heartless" She added, her chest rise up after taking a deep breath.

What does she even mean by that?

Aomine cleared his throat to break away Scarlett's glare towards Zed-- who was ignoring her. I don't know, but girls' instinct-- something is going on. I just hope Zed could tell me himself about what's going on between him and Scarlett. Pretty sure something had happened for them to be this awkward.

"Well" She grabbed her handbag, "It was nice catching up with all of you..." She paused slightly, "I guess I'll see you guys soon" She bid goodbye and sashayed out of the cafe. 

Leaving an awkward situation between me, Zed and Aomine. I don't know if it's just me but....

"Aurora," Aomine started; interrupting my thoughts while my body just went stiff over him calling my name. Zed looked down at me, as if he knew how I had felt. "Aura,I'll walk you to the pool" Zed cut in, and almost-dragged me away from him. Have I really strained their friendship?

The walk to the pool with Zed was quiet and It's unlike him to be this quiet. He has always been the noisy one-- the guy who teases and talks about everything under the sun. 

"You've been very quiet today..." I started. "Want to share with me how you're-?"

"I'm fine, Aura. Don't worry" He assured, though it sounded like a lie. But I just couldn't help but to be concerned over him. 

"Are you sure?" I asked. 

"Very" He smiled and tighten his grasp on my fingers. Should I probe further?

"Well you might be able to make me feel better" He winked, "Tonight" He ended his sentence.

The amount of wink he misuses at some random times....

************

The rain poured even heavier than it already was. I called for a cab and was praised by the taxi driver that I was super lucky because it was the busy period of time plus it was raining; and in usual cases there's no one that could get a cab by using the app. 

I reached in front of Zed's house gate before I decided to call him and let him know I'm here.

"Zed" I started, "Are you at home now?" I said a tad too excitedly. This suprising-of-boyfriend-thing is kind of exciting.

"Uh" He started, "Yes Aura. But its' best if you just go home tonight if you are planning to visit" My stomach lurched at the slight disappointment I felt. 

"But... I'm in front of your house now" I said.

"What?! You are?" He shouted through the phone and I see his front door opening with his head peeking out.

***********

He invited me in eventually and gave me a towel to dry myself.

"So.... why have you decided to come here?" He started. Why is he saying all these things like as if I'm an intruder and someone not invited?

"I came to see you" I said, growing a little frustrated. 

"So what do you want to talk about?" He asked and I immediately gasped upon hearing that. "I don't want to talk" I said, giving him an attitude. Like excuse him, but I came here to visit my boyfriend. I came here to see him. To make him feel better over what happened earlier in the afternoon. But everything he is saying to me right now just seems to be pushing me away.

I cannot stand that. I cannot stand this attitude coming from him. 

"Is that what you think? That I came here because I probably have something to say to you? Can't it just be me coming over to see you?" I started.

"I am working right now, Aura. I don't have time for-"

"For me? Sure, I understand that you are working right now with all these documents around you but can't you spare at least 5 minutes for me? Zed, seriously?" I scowled. 

He ran his hand through his hair frustratingly. "Aura, not right now. I'm concentrating" He pushed me away. I scoffed and took a few steps back, feeling a little hurt from how he had just treated me. 

"...Zed.... must you really push me away like this?" I spoke quietly and asked further.

"Aura!" He shouted, annoyed. "Can you just... fuck off.... please?" 

My mouth opened, unable to speak a single word. Speechless is an understatement. I thought I knew him. I knew him to be gentle. To be someone who never flared up at me. He never does. Not even once. But now..... he actually....

I froze and felt my eyes getting teary. Confused, and mad at the same time.

"So....." I started. Is that him telling me to leave him alone for now?

"Just go home" He said sternly.

I laughed, bewildered at his 180 degrees change in attitude. 

"You want me to leave....." I stated, though it sounded like a question. This will be the third time I'm confirming with him. If he really wants me to leave....

He nodded. 

... And that is it. I can't stand it here for another minute.

I stormed out through the door and slammed it as loud as I could. Pissed off is an understatement right now. The loudness of the thunder could represent how angry I am at the moment.

"Wait!" Zed opened the door. "Where are you going?" He asked.

What the actual fuck? Does he have a dual split personality or something?

"Home, like you fucking wanted!" I shouted.

"And how will you get home? It's raining heavily!" 

"I'll figure it out" I said. Though I have zero idea on what to do now because I'm raging inside.

"Fine..." He said, and shove and umbrella to you, before slamming the door and left me outside.

He actually.... did that.

I calmed myself down for a few moments before trying to call a cab through the app. But after trying for three rounds, I still couldn't get a freaking cab. And I can't walk home in this weather too. It's far and.....

scrolling through the numbers in my phone... I paused on a name.

My mind suddenly focused on him. 

Should I really?

....I dialled his number after pondering.

"Can you... can you come pick me up?" I sniffle. "I am at Zed's..." I said.

And with that, he agreed without asking any question. Fifteen minutes later, his car pulled up in front of me and I climbed in... Then greeted by his worried expression.

"I came as quick as I could" Aomine started. "What happened?" He asked. 

My heart, mind and body couldn't control itself and my hands went to grab and wrap him by the neck.

The warmth in this cold day.... it's... heartwarming.

***************

a/n

+270 votes for another chapter! Hope you like this chapter ;)