Chapter 30

Aurora Atticus's POV

It's been one week since it happened -- When Zed took me by surprise and gave me a hug that I could never find the courage to return. Because Aomine was standing there and I could only find myself looking over Zed's shoulder; eyes locked with Aomine. My eyes couldn't stray away from him and I felt utterly guilty for it. More so when Aomine walked away... It was as if my heart had dropped right to the pit of my stomach. I could remember vividly his expression-- his jaw hardened and his fist tightened.

I had thought that it was only just another hug but how did it turned out into a confession? I don't even know if Zed was kidding when he told me that he had feelings for me. It took me by surprise and I honestly rejected him right at the spot but....

He asked to try.

And somehow, I do not how, or why, but I said yes to that-- to being Zed's girlfriend.

**************

Here I am now, standing right in front of the VIP room-- belonging to Aomine; who requested for room service. I am not even part of the hotel 'service room' crew but miraculously, I was asked to deliver this by-the-pool drink to him.

While I am still pretty much wrapped around what had happened that night, a part of me was relieved that Aomine didn't come and bother me-- not because I was annoyed (that's part of the reason) but I don't feel comfortable about him knowing that I had become his best friend's girlfriend. His best friend that has been treating the girl he probably still likes, with so much love, care and concern to the point she feels blissful.

I don't even know what I am thinking sometimes. My mind is all over the place and this never fails to let me be in awe of how complex the human brain and body could be. How are we even designed to be this way? How did the human-

Suddenly, I was pulled in abruptly into the room and after a few seconds had passed, only then did I realised his lips were already on mine-- Aomine's lips. His kiss was hard, urgent and somehow it makes my knees go weak. The tray of drink that was on my hand was toppled over the floor, making a mess out of it-- thank god for the carpet though; the glasses didn't break.

Seriously, how could I even think about the carpet when his lips are still on mine?

Get back on your feet, Aurora!

I pushed him away and wiped my mouth. A part of me love that kiss but a part of me was angry and confused. My heart continued beating fast feeling guilty about it. Both to him and Zed. To Zed that I let Aomine kiss me and to somehow like it; and to Aomine for being with his best friend. But Aomine has to know about it somehow or another... right?

"This can never happen again. I am with Zed now. I am his girlfriend. I am-"

He took his steps forward and staggered me back until my back hits the wall. "Aurora, Do you really think I do not know what is going on around? Do I look like as if I have no fucking idea that you agreed to be Zed's girl?" He questioned me and waited for an answer from me.

But what do I even answer to that?

"If you already know, then why do you still-"

"Do you love him?" He cut me off and I blink repeatedly and quickly. We are just trying out.... but...

"Do. you. love. him? Answer me, Aurora" He demanded.

"Just-" I pushed him away slightly from me, "Just know that this can't happen again"

"Well that's too bad, because I can't promise you that" He smirks.

What do I do now? Continue with the bickering? Or just run out of this room? The latter sounds good to me now but how do I do that. What excuses should I-

"Drinks" I muttered, gathering the glass that's been spilled and the tray, "I'll send someone to give you a new drink" I quickly said and before he could do anything, I ran out of the room and trust me when I say you got to give me credit for running in my heels. Because it's a tough job and I surprisingly managed to run with these without falling.

**********

I thought I was in my safe zone when I've reached the pool, but my day seems to be getting worse. I saw Zed standing there by the counter, casually waiting-- for me, obviously. I braved myself and made my way there; and be welcomed by his warm smile.

"You look like a mess, Aura" He commented.

"I- yeah. I spilled the drink earlier on and-"

Zed cut me off suddenly and gets closer to me, but by reflex, I backed away. I don't even know why, but I still feel guilty for what had happened earlier and one main important reason-- I could still feel Aomine's kiss on my lips. I don't think this is the right time to allow Zed to kiss me, at all.

"Are you alright?" He asked me with concern, and I nodded. I couldn't lie-- I couldn't say out words to make up some lie. I hope my nod didn't betray me though. Zed took my hands and hold it in his hands-- that makes all the previous tension go away. "You're allowed to go home now, you're done from work" Zed informed, "I've asked this gorgeous lady here" He pointed, to the middle age colleague of mine that treats me well.

"Shall we go?" He asked, and walking hand in hand, we leave the place. Though I could never speak much to him along the way-- since my mind is still replaying on what had happened with Aomine at the hotel room.

I shouldn't be.... right?

Zed is my boyfriend now. At the very least, I should respect him and stop thinking about another man. At the very least, I should really try and see him more than a brother-- and treat him like how a boyfriend should be treated by his girlfriend.

"Aura," Zed called out to me once we have reached my apartment. "Are you really alright?"

I nodded once again. "I am really fine, Zed" I forced out a smile.

"Okay, I'll trust your words. But if there's really anything wrong, you should tell me about it. I'll be the first one-"

"I know, naggy Zed" I smiled. "Zed.... will you, stay over with me here... for a night?"

Zed's eyes immediately dilated upon hearing my words. Did it really make him this happy? Just from hearing those words from me?

"Gladly" He smiled and we make our way to my bedroom. After changing my clothes, I put on my t-shirt and shorts- and start climbing under the covers. Zed hesitated for a moment when he stood by the edge of the bed; not knowing if he should. But he eventually did and laid now next to me as the both of us closes our eyes.

"Aura" Zed started speaking, tossing his body to look at me.

"Hmm?"

"I am glad you agreed to try and be my girl" He said, leaning in to kiss me on the forehead; and a smile breaks out on his face.

"I- I know" was the smartest thing I could answer.

**********

a/n

Truthfully, I had spent 3 days thinking if I should really put this chapter out or whether I should change the storyline. But after giving

+270 votes for another chapter!