Chapter 8

Aurora Atticus's POV

"Hyk told you about it?" I asked, flustered because my brother had told Zed about my condition that happened yesterday- heart beating fast, my stomach churning, etc. and confessed about the 'search' i made last night.

Zed smirked, "Have you ever considered that you might have feelings for Aomine?" 

Okay, now that escalated too quickly. 

"Zed, i can't have feelings for him. He is my boss. Plus, he's a player, i won't-"

"Aura. You need to get rid of that line you created between him and yourself. See him as a man. Not as your boss." He advised, "And you never know. A player might change" He winked. Well that's true but-

"Why are we even talking about this Zed? I don't even know if i am attracted to him. The signs-"

"Aura, you should know that being attracted to someone have no definite signs. Honestly, your brain makes you behave in ways you can't even comprehend yourself sometimes and, if you are really curious about how you might possibly feel, try hugging him. If your heart beats fast, that is one reason for you to believe that you are attracted to him" -I slurped the last few strands of my pasta. Must i really do that? Why am i even hearing all these? How could i even do that? I can't possibly just go and hug him?

"You should give him a hug when you're done discussing about business tonight. If he asks, say it was a goodbye hug and it was strictly professional" Zed paid for our meal- also, answering the questions in my head.

********

"Tell me again how it goes. I'll tell you what comes next after that. Afterall Aura, i'm your personal advisor when it comes to this" He smirked and bid me goodbye with a big hug like he always do, before leaving. I waved him off before entering the office entrance.

Ah, I'm so full. I slumped back to my seat and smiled to myself-- i love the big portion from that restaurant. Good quality, and price friendly. I'm definitely going to back there sometimes.

"You look happy" Aomine's voice startled me. Since when was he standing there?  "Because of Zed?" He asked, grumpily.

"Yeah, he treated me to lunch at a good pasta place a few blocks away from here so i was happy" I answered. "Hmm" He walked to the pantry.

He came back shortly after with a cup of glass water, "Were you happy because Zed hugged you or because he treated you to lunch?" -What's up with all these questions? How did he know Zed hugged me? "Because he treated me. And the pasta there were really good. You should try it sometime, Mr. Axton" -I raved, because it was really, that good.

He let out a small smile. "So what did you guys talk about?" He probed and took a sip, "Did you guys talk about me, perhaps?" 

"Uh,...Yeah, we did" I answered, and his eyebrows raised. "About?" He trailed off. There's no way i'm going to tell him what we had talked about. Why did i even say the truth? I should've just said 'no' to talking about him. My eyes wandered around, looking for any possible excuses. My eyes landed on the pack of buns. Right. Buns!

"I almost forgot, Mr. Axton. Zed asked me to pass this to you" I handed him the pack of buns we got from the nearby store. Aomine looked at me confused, "Buns?" 

"I've got the buns, do you have the hot dog?" I asked, the same time his eyes went wide, chocking on his own saliva. "W-what? Aurora. do you know what you're say-"

"I was instructed to tell you exactly the way Zed had said it" -What got him so flustered? Aomine rolled his eyes, and started muttering "he sure is having fun" under his breath.

"I can't do this" He mumbled, "Get back to work, Aurora" His voice went professional as he hurriedly make his way back into his office. 

**********

It's 8pm now and we had just finished discussing the details for the camping trip that's coming up in two days time- just after this weekend on the coming Monday. Everyone is stoked for it, and the line-up plans has been decided to be of free-and-easy for the 4D3N stay. A trip to embrace the nature and let the nature relaxes you. Rather catchy but cheesy line. 

I gathered up all the files before i dismissed myself. 

Zed's words suddenly seeped into my mind.... On the hug.

"Mr. Axton" I called out mindlessly. Oh no. I haven't constructed the words in my head yet. "Um...." I stuttered as he looked at me expectantly. "W-will you stay like this for a moment and don't move?" I asked. Confused, he nodded.  I went over to his side and stood right in front of him. "What is it, Aurora?" He questioned.

My heart decided to do it with so much resolution, but my feet refuse to take any more steps forward. I croaked, but no words came out of my mouth. My head is in a whirl and my hands are getting sweaty. 

Nope, i can't do this. Evidently, I can't. 

"It's nothing" I smiled, relief brushed through me as i took steps out from his office. It's not important. I'm not that interested to know anyway.

"Aurora" He called me out before i managed to turn the handle. "Yes-" I turned around, but surprise took over me when i realise he was hugging me. Every fiber of my body responded to him instantly, the place where his hand are touching me, the near distance between our faces, and the way he squeezed me tight against his body. 

I couldn't. 

I couldn't push him away even though my head tells me it's wrong. My body couldn't move away.

... and i think i am in trouble now.

I stood there frozen. Letting the fast thumping of my heart continue on. So it did.

While letting the new experience in -- The lub-dub that thumped against his chest, beating faster every nano-second. Yet at the same time, it felt serene just hearing the constant beating of his heart... and i felt safe and the comfort, and also very much enticed. I gulped audibly, letting the already intense silence atmosphere heightened. This can't be true... 

"What are you exactly trying to do to me?" He asked, his voice a little bit more deep and husky from where it's near to my ears. I tried to pull away upon realising that unconsciously, i had my hands circled and wrapped around his neck; whilst my face is buried on his chest. Did i really just do that? "I'm sorry, I-" I tried pulling away, but his hands tightened around me, and pulled me in nearer to him than i already was. 

Although nervous, my brain whispered for me to stay like this with him just a little longer. His warmth seeped through me as well as these unfamiliar contact rushing through me. I had people hug me, but never do i feel this way before.

... So it must be true.

***********

a/n

They hugged. 

THEY. HUGGED!!!! 

+70 votes for another chapter!