Chapter 7

Aomine Axton's POV

"Are you actually concerned?" Zed smirk. "I've seen her grow since she was a baby. Her brother is a friend of mine and recently, he had this overprotective-brother-syndrome to check on his dearest lil sister cause he heard some things and well, after i heard who Aura is working for, i decided to pay the two of you a visit" He explained.

Now that piqued my interest. "Is that her nickname, Aura?" -My lips formed a small smile. 

"Dude, That's what you picked up after i told you so much?" Zed frowned. "Wait a minute, Is she the girl you wanted to conquer?" 

Huh?

He scrolled through his phone, and showed it right to my face.

You know, i have always been pursued by girls and i'm so used to it. Right now, there is a girl i want to conquer, but she kept on rejecting me. I do not know what i should do. Any advise?

"You drunk texted me by the way since you don't text long messages usually. Seriously, I never thought you would say something like that" -Me too. I can't believe i actually sent that text. 

"And you believed the day has come?" I dead-panned on him.

"I am still debating on that" His face turned serious. "You're my homie but Aura is like a sister to me. I would tell you that she's off limits cause i won't let you play her feelings BUT after you sent me that text i don't even know anymore. You've been a player for years and it's hard to start believing that-"

"Then don't. I don't even know what i feel for her. I don't know if i am only intrigued by her or i am really interested in her" I confessed and we both went silent for a moment.

"Bro, we be acting like girls now. Is this our heart to heart talk?" Zed starts weeping for an act. "I am taking her out for lunch today. You're not invited. Buy your own food" He gets up and walked off. Why is everyone just walking in and out of my office like they own the place?

I gave a momentary thought what we have spoken about, before i decided to brush it off under the carpet. I don't need this complication in my life. It's probably just a temporary attraction. You know the saying? You are interested only because it's mysterious? Or rather, because she isn't easy? Or on my terms, because she isn't fucked yet? Yeah, I will get over it soon.

But really now, i am curious about what they are talking about.

I opened the door to reveal Zed's hands on her face. To be precise, his fingers flattening the bridge in between her eyebrows, saying "Don't scrunch those, Aura. I told you many times it will form an ugly wrinkle" 

It irks me.

How is it so easy for him to just touch her like that?

Zed smirked at me, probably realising how i felt. "Man, have you tried her cooking yet? She's so good at it" He taunted. "Aura agreed to cook for me tonight. So i'm probably going to come over to hers tonight, and watch some movies too? The longest ride sounds good. She love that" He aggravated me further. Bet he's having a hell lot of fun now.

But no, there's no way i'm going to let the two of them stay in one room. I trust Aurora but I don't trust Zed. The image of him scooting nearer to her while draping his arms on her shoulders and-

I shook that thought off. "That's not going to happen. She have to stay with me tonight and work over-time" I turned to Aurora. "We need to go over the details for the upcoming company camp trip. It's urgent" I ordered, and she nodded. Yes, she nodded! I tried to hid the smile that's creeping up my face with a stone face. While Zed had on his smirk again. So he noticed it. Well, He really should wipe off those from his face. It's getting annoying.

"Well then, I guess i can only have lunch with you Aura" Zed shrugged and put his hand on Aurora's back, leading her to the lift. "I can't help it when your boss is too.... protective" He turned and sticked out his tongue towards me.

That little shit.

*************

a/n

sorry there's not much interaction between the both of them here. I wanna portray what's on Aomine's mind for this one. Afterall, we need both sides of views ;) But it's only going to get interesting from here onwards. Trust me on that.

+60 votes for another chapter! xx