Chapter 24

Aurora Atticus's POV

I mulled on the bed, thinking about everything that had happened for the past few hours. He tried to kiss me, I pulled away because I was too embarrassed, he didn't press on, and then we are back here in his house. Back to each of our rooms... with no words exchanged.

I don't even know what is going to happen next anymore.

Was he angry that I had avoided that kiss? I pondered, but gave up on it eventually since I have no experience in love and I couldn't decipher any of these silent signs of love.

A knock on the door jolted me up from the bed. Is it aomine? My heart started reacting again. Stay calm, Aurora. You can do this. You've survived enough of your heart racing. I made my way to the door; but to my slight disappointment, it is one of the maids there standing right in front of me to deliver some towels.

I thanked her for it, and asked if I can join them to prepare for dinner since it's almost time for that. They agreed after my constant pleading, and gave me a set of frilly apron; before we start making dinner.

********

He came down exactly at 7pm. Three hours after we finished preparing his meal. It came as a shock to me at first-- to know that the maids cook for him seafood, meats, and chicken everyday-- for him to choose his own preference. I continued going around the table, preparing his cutleries.

Aomine looked towards me, before he started dismissing the rest of them. Except for me.

My eyes observe his every foot steps that are steadily making its way towards me. My eyes involuntarily travelled up his torso, then to his face-- and only to realise his eyes are already fixed on me. Why is he coming here?

Disrupting my thoughts, he turned me around abruptly so that my back was facing him; while the table is pressed up against my tummy. He kept his hands on my waist, while his thighs are pressed on to mine; keeping me in between his torso. 

"What are you do-" I started, after realising how touchy this is.

"Stay still" He whisper-said right in my ear and then adjusted my apron. Tying the knots tighter.

I froze upon his move, and stood still like I was asked to. His face came in nearer to my cheeks from the back, and we made another eye contact; before he suddenly gave me a kiss on my neck-- sending thousands of tingles down my spine; the fine hair on my hands stood up almost instantly. 

W-wh-what was that about? What is that supposed to mean?

"Sit, Aurora, and Have dinner with me" He said again, and just like that, he slid off me and made me sit opposite of him. I was about to raise my spoon up when he threw me a seriously dangerous question, or rather statement:

"Let's date" He said.

***************

a/n

A very short chapter, I know! But hey, it's better that nothing? 

+200 votes for another update!