Chapter 18

Aurora Atticus's POV

Getting into groups of threes. That sounds like a good deal until things happened since this morning.

1) Zed had decided on his own that Aomine and I have to be in one group-- simply because I'm his personal assistant. 

2) Two companies have to merge into one and do activities together. The other company? The tuition centre company-- The one that has Ace Hunter in it. He doesn't look like a teacher to me though. Blonde hair, muscle tank shirt and denim jeans with a cap... more like a 'skater' boy. Though, his good points are his muscles... and those blue eyes.

3) Zed allowed the people from that company to choose the group they want to join and Ace Hunter, decided to choose our group.

So here I am... stuck between the two boys, apparently having this 'get to know each other' session. The only jolly person in this group currently is Ace. Aomine and I had not spoken a single word since after that conversation and everything is so awkward. I don't even know where to start or what to feel. I couldn't understand him, his way of thinking and whatever that just happened twenty-fours ago-- i don't understand them. Do people really kiss and pretend it doesn't happen? Or does it only happened to me because it is him-- a player? I searched online, and searches came up to be 'He's just not that into you'. 

I should not be bothered by it but I am. That resulted in a very angsty me right now. I don't even know I am capable of feeling this pissed, annoyed and sensitive. He brought out the worst in me.

"Why do I have to be here" Aomine turned his eyes up, frustrated and walked away to search for Zed.

"Rara" Ace squeezed my cheeks from the back. I frowned upon the nickname he gave me. Since when is my nickname Rara? "Since when-" I started.

"Since you kept on avoiding me. You should really stop avoiding me. It makes me lonely, and it breaks my heart" He teased. I sighed, I can feel the energy inside me being surged out even before the activities started. According to Zed, we will have to do some high and low rope courses as well as rock climbing-- One tough and long exhausting day.

"By the way, you look like an otter, or a beaver. Either one, take your pick" He looked at me. 

"That's random. But why do I look like those?"

"Because they are cute. Puffy cheeks, exactly like you" He commented, "And by the way, being random is also a skill" He winked, and I went utterly speechless. Nod, was the smartest thing I could do.

He scooted near me so that only I could hear his voice. "Are you guys fighting or something?" He asked, suggesting about Aomine. "I should really not say that to him yesterday huh?" He muttered on his own.

"What did you say to him?" I asked, my interest perked.

"I told him your lips were sweet" He chuckled, and I glared at him. "Hey he looks really interested in you so I thought of spicing things up! it spiced up.... a little too much, i guess" He shrugged, "Well, but don't worry. In reality, You're not my type. I won't hit on you" He assured me, patting my shoulders.

Not his type... hmm. Does that mean I am not Aomine's type too? Is that why he pushed me away?

"Am I not attractive?" I asked, slightly annoyed. I admit I don't put on too much make-up but that's only because it's a hassle, but.... do guys really don't like my type of girl? I pouted.

"Hey don't get me wrong. You're attractive. But just not my type" He said. 

"Yeah that helps a lot" I said sarcastically.